Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Nobody is going to go to a carboot sale when its raining particularity if its in a field

Nobody is going to go to a carboot sale when its raining particularity if its in a field

You'd be suprised...there's were quite a few cars driving to it, seeing the amount of sellers and then driving away. Some got out and had a wander around, but as you approached, you could see if wasn't up to much. Be interested to know if anyone's been to Barlow and if that was up to much.

Cancelled , should be closed down. It's a right robbing place, pound to park and a pound to get it :loopy: dealers early entry so when you've paid to get in the best stuffs bought !

They got you by the nuts as its on the motorway so you got no choice to pay !

It's a place I'd never go again.

I have to agree,although we use the free car park its just that this boot is picked over by fellow stallholders before its open to the public.then again i suppose for the standing fee they deserve the perk.As a seller and a buyer,this is my least favourite boot but have had a few bargains.My vote is still hope valley cb in peak season.£5 to stand and its big and busy :)

there were a few at Hemswell today. In the indoor market bit anyway.

Think I'd definately only ever go on a (sunny) Sunday again though

i have seen an advert for a giant car boot at Dronfield on Sundays? Anyone know anything about it, i have had a look on here unless i have missed it there is no info for it.

This car boot sale has been advertised over the last few weeks. It is a new car boot, therefore it may take time to take off. However, the good thing about it is it is all hard standing, so it doesn't matter if it rains during the night you can still trade. Most of the large car boot sales are in fields which are usually cancelled when it rains. I went on Sunday and, although not many car booters selling stuff, there were an awful lot of punters driving through the gate! I think everywhere was quiet on Sunday due to it being the Easter weekend and the weather. Another good thing about this car boot is that there is no charge for parking, and no charge for buyers! Now thats got to be an advantage over the other car boots.

Thanks for the info Bianco

Can you tell me how to get to it, has it got a post code

Thanks for the info Bianco

Can you tell me how to get to it, has it got a post code

Don't know about a postcode, I drove to it from the Bowshaw roundabout and drove through Dronfield to a small roundabout and you take the second left - it is clearly marked "Callywhite Lane" and there are signs on the lamp posts to guide you. Just drive down the lane until you see the guys in their yellow jackets - it is on the left hand side. Hope you have a good day.

Thanks Bianco

Will give that a try next sunday weather permitting

This car boot sale has been advertised over the last few weeks. It is a new car boot, therefore it may take time to take off. However, the good thing about it is it is all hard standing, so it doesn't matter if it rains during the night you can still trade. Most of the large car boot sales are in fields which are usually cancelled when it rains. I went on Sunday and, although not many car booters selling stuff, there were an awful lot of punters driving through the gate! I think everywhere was quiet on Sunday due to it being the Easter weekend and the weather. Another good thing about this car boot is that there is no charge for parking, and no charge for buyers! Now thats got to be an advantage over the other car boots.

Are you sure there's no charge for buyers? Because according to this website, it's £1 to get in.

Edit: The website of the actual carboot at dronfieldcarboot.com is rather coy on the subject and doesn't mention it at all. I'm guessing that when it gets a bit warmer and more people start turning up, it will cost to get in.

Edited by metalman

Cancelled , should be closed down. It's a right robbing place, pound to park and a pound to get it :loopy: dealers early entry so when you've paid to get in the best stuffs bought !

They got you by the nuts as its on the motorway so you got no choice to pay !

It's a place I'd never go again.

completely agree, i have sold there before, you get in then get swarmed by all the traders, who by the way just park up and then wander around picking off the good stuff before setting there own stalls up just before the doors open. Once joe public gets in all the good stuff has been bought up to be resold at ridiculously inflated prices. There are no bargains to be had here.

If twin oaks was run like every other car boot it would be one of best, but whilst it continues with the "you cant get in till 12.30 policy" it ranks firmly at the bottom of the must visit car boots.:mad:

can any one advise me? me and my fella have done a few carboots, but are having trouble finding the best places to sell, we have done twin oaks 3 times now and basically just broke even after petrol, entrance etc....so will not be going there again, we made a good profit at Hillsborough arena. we believe the smaller the car boot the more we make, less competition etc.... but then my mate makes loads at marsh lane which is big..

anyone else find this?

can any one advise me? me and my fella have done a few carboots, but are having trouble finding the best places to sell, we have done twin oaks 3 times now and basically just broke even after petrol, entrance etc....so will not be going there again, we made a good profit at Hillsborough arena. we believe the smaller the car boot the more we make, less competition etc.... but then my mate makes loads at marsh lane which is big..

anyone else find this?

It depends realy because there big carboots are well established and get 1000's of buyers because they know that it is on... But like you said if you are selling alongside hundreds of sellers you can get missed / ignored.

But these little carboots dont have the same amount of buyers as the large carboots. But if a lot of buyers turn up and you are only seller you will sell s**t loads of stuff.

So im not sure on the accurate answer but i would say the larger carboots are better.

I would reccomend that you and your fella try either Old coates or Keepmoat Stadium.... I have sold at bouth and they are about the same in my opinion, Except from the fact that Old coates gets very very very muddy when it rains.