Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Friends of Sheffield Manor Lodge are holding their final car boot sale of the season this Saturday September 29 from 9.00am to 2pm (8AM FOR STALL HOLDERS) at Manor Oaks Farm Car Park 389 Manor Lane S2 1UL

Free Entry for general public £5 for stall holders. Stall Bookings only by phone 01246 415497

its gettin colder and colder on these sunday mornings ,, just done carboot at Thorpe Hesley Cricket Club ,, fairly busy ,, good turnout of sellers ,, had a decent day ,, heard next 1 there and last 1 for the year is 7th Oct weather permitting ,, i,ve got a few things left but wether its worth standing for ??? ,, anyone go to tesco,s carboot this morning ,, any good ??? :¬)

I went as a buyer to the tesco one it was pants , loads of empty spaces and the ones that were there had just the normal carboot rubbish ( just my opinion) wish i,d stayed in bed !

Went to Thorpe Hesley car boot as a buyer today...excellent...hardly any tat, and really good prices, I got some great bargains...it gets really busy which means parking can be a bit of a problem, but certainly worth the effort.

Went to Thorpe Hesley car boot as a buyer today...excellent...hardly any tat, and really good prices, I got some great bargains...it gets really busy which means parking can be a bit of a problem, but certainly worth the effort.

i mite do a 2 or 3 carboots a year and more than often i sell at Thorpe Hesley ,, well marshalled and fairly busy with sellers and buyers and good banter ,, but never had chance to sample tea and bacon butties ,, i,m on my jacks ,, could be a good idea if they had someone coming round and asking say a dozen at a time if they fancied a tea or buttie ,, phone it through sort it then move on to next dozen or so , i certainly would av took up the offer :¬)

i mite do a 2 or 3 carboots a year and more than often i sell at Thorpe Hesley ,, well marshalled and fairly busy with sellers and buyers and good banter ,, but never had chance to sample tea and bacon butties ,, i,m on my jacks ,, could be a good idea if they had someone coming round and asking say a dozen at a time if they fancied a tea or buttie ,, phone it through sort it then move on to next dozen or so , i certainly would av took up the offer :¬)

You really do like to be looked after! The organisers of these events have a big job getting volunteers to marshall the event, without mommycoddling the punters!! What did you do when you wanted the toilet? You would have to leave your stall to go. I have usually found that car booters will help each other and will keep an eye on your stall while you pay a visit, be it the toilet or the snack wagon. You could always take your own sandwich and a flask of tea.

You really do like to be looked after! The organisers of these events have a big job getting volunteers to marshall the event, without mommycoddling the punters!! What did you do when you wanted the toilet? You would have to leave your stall to go. I have usually found that car booters will help each other and will keep an eye on your stall while you pay a visit, be it the toilet or the snack wagon. You could always take your own sandwich and a flask of tea.

hang on a bit Bianco , bit harsh that , me thinks you,ve got owd of wrong end of stick ,, mollycoddled ,, never been mollycoddled in me life ,, i know i could take a flask in which i do ,, but soon gets emptied ,, this carboot is like a fund raiser for them and i know what its like to help run 1 ,, been theer ,seen it ,done it, just thinkin there would be a few more like who would take up their offer and add more to their coffers ,,they did it a Myers Grove the other week ,, and to top it off i wasn,t complainin about it ,, it was just a suggestion as i said to improve their fund raising ,, and also if you are trying to keep an eye on their stall and you get that rush of buyers and summat goes missin on their stall , i,ve had stuff pinched off mine when i,ve been there ,, mollycoddled ,, i could tell you a few stories ,, :¬)

Edited by diddydoddy

has anyone heard whether loxley has been cancelled for 30th? i suppose it will be due to the weather? really hope not as ive got loads to sell! so if anyone hears anything please let me know :) could anyone tell me any alternatives if it is cancelled for the 30th thanks x

There is one at Chaucer School from 8am Saturday 29th September. . I went last time and got 2 purses for 50p each.... I love my purses :hi hi:. Got DD a game for her DS for £2. Plus a few other bits. I love car boots.

Replying to earlier subscriber re car boots this weekend-Manor Lodge have their final one this saturday 29th sept 9 am to 2pm -see earlier post on sunday 23rd sept for more details

hi can anybody tell me when the next car boot is on at thorpe hesley please? thank u :)

hi can anybody tell me when the next car boot is on at thorpe hesley please? thank u :)

Abi ,, i do believe there,s 1 on the 7th of October weather permitting ,,:¬)

has anyone heard whether loxley has been cancelled for 30th? i suppose it will be due to the weather? really hope not as ive got loads to sell! so if anyone hears anything please let me know :) could anyone tell me any alternatives if it is cancelled for the 30th thanks x

I think its got a good chance of being cancelled Bex ,, a lot of rain has come down ,, the only bit of hope is that there,s going to be a couple of dry days and with the ground being on a bit of a slope it should help it run off ,,but here,s hoping ,, if it,s called off i mite try that 1 at Chaucer School on Saturday ,, suppose to be a nice day :¬)