Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Does anyone know best place to do a carboot in sheffield and are they open this time of year?

Best place for a carboot?

Back of the car!

[unless it's a Beetle, when it's the front.]

- Incidentally, does anyone else remember when cars had starting handles?

The ones for the VWs were the longest in the World, as they had to run the length of the car to go into the engine in the back…

Definitely the back.

And dont forget the Hillman Imp, boot at the front on that one too.

Brilliant-a post gets the response it deserves.Next week they will be asking where to stage a garage sale.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 08:32 ----------

Best place for a carboot?

Back of the car!

[unless it's a Beetle, when it's the front.]

- Incidentally, does anyone else remember when cars had starting handles?

The ones for the VWs were the longest in the World, as they had to run the length of the car to go into the engine in the back…

Do you have a spare as I cant shift the Anglia?

What about marsh lane.I know it's more derbyshire but used to be one of the best

I had 2 Hillman Imps. I was once stopped at French Customs when the officer insisted I opened the 'boot'. When I was reluctant, he thought he was onto summat, until he opened it and found a greasy engine! Hahaha! To be fair to him, he restored his dignity and got his revenge by making me empty every bag and box in the car and unroll our family-sized tent (in the rain) to determine whether we were smugging anything we shouldn't have been.

Marsh lanes carboot is great i think it starts soon

Hi

Been to Chesterfield this morning, going past Chesterfield football club they have a banner on the car park saying car boot here every Sunday that must be going now this Sunday.

I'm wanting to get back up and running as a trader so does anyone know of one coming up next Sunday and does anyone know if that one just off the motoroway (can't remember the name of it but know it runs on a Saturday). When that will be back up?

Cheers :thumbsup: