Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Hi everyone this is my first post so im sorry its a bit of a gripe. I went to the old cotes carboot sale this morning and had a bit of a bad experience there. When i was driving in a man asked me at the entrance if i had any mobile phones, i made a mistake and said yes. He chased my car to my allocated spot, i told him it would be a while before i get the phones out as it was dark. He then went into my boot and started taking things out until he found the phones, he actually frightened me even though he was very small and spoke very little english. I told the steward who did nothing he could see i was in my older years and infirm. I think i will try another carboot sale next time, any recomendations? I hope its not like this at all the carboots?

I'm sorry for your bad experience. I haven't stood at Oldcoates before but other carboots do tend to have the odd eager buyer who asks for mobiles, computers, jewellery. I just say no and they move on. If anyone attempts to rummage in your car just ask them to move and shut the boot, get in the car and they soon move on to the next one.

Give it another go somewhere else it can be an enjoyable experience.

Hope you're okay now :)

I also had a great time at Thorpe Hesley today! We were also in the cold under the trees, but it was a good day anyway, met some brilliant people, especially a very helpful man next to us, as we were car boot amateurs!

Brrr it was cold under the trees!! My poor wife and 8 year old boy were constantly having to leave me on my own and walk around, in an effort to keep warm. Which resulted in him spending nearly as much as I made :hihi: (lesson learned)

The sun never got to our table at all and all I could do was look on envious of those basking in the Autumn sun, over in the centre of the field. How the other half live!!

What's available for this next coming weekend? Not many available carboots now I suppose.

hy.does anybody if carboot from wellington street has moved to old college grounds at norton please? the last time i went the stallholders were talking about moving there.

The answer is NO. The Wellington St. car boot closed for 2 reasons:

1) The didn't get enough interest. Although people moaned about not having a city centre car boot sale, they didn't bother to turn up when there was one.

2) The organisers didn't get planning permission to continue.

They were talking about moving somewhere else, but this will take time and they may not bother until next year now. I am sure as and when they start again, they will let people know.

Hi everyone this is my first post so im sorry its a bit of a gripe. I went to the old cotes carboot sale this morning and had a bit of a bad experience there. When i was driving in a man asked me at the entrance if i had any mobile phones, i made a mistake and said yes. He chased my car to my allocated spot, i told him it would be a while before i get the phones out as it was dark. He then went into my boot and started taking things out until he found the phones, he actually frightened me even though he was very small and spoke very little english. I told the steward who did nothing he could see i was in my older years and infirm. I think i will try another carboot sale next time, any recomendations? I hope its not like this at all the carboots?

Lesson learned there. It's usually "phones or gold?" the number one question asked before you've even put the handbrake on.

Best to say no, till you've set your stall up. Even then, keep a keen eye on your stuff.

does anyone know if theres a car boot in dinington tomorow if so where abouts is it

Brrr it was cold under the trees!! My poor wife and 8 year old boy were constantly having to leave me on my own and walk around, in an effort to keep warm. Which resulted in him spending nearly as much as I made :hihi: (lesson learned)

The sun never got to our table at all and all I could do was look on envious of those basking in the Autumn sun, over in the centre of the field. How the other half live!!

What's available for this next coming weekend? Not many available carboots now I suppose.

i think the stewards should av come round with stickers saying TREETIME DONE-3 CARBOOTS REPRIEVE FROM STANDING IN THE TREES :hihi::hihi::hihi:

The answer is NO. The Wellington St. car boot closed for 2 reasons:

1) The didn't get enough interest. Although people moaned about not having a city centre car boot sale, they didn't bother to turn up when there was one.

2) The organisers didn't get planning permission to continue.

They were talking about moving somewhere else, but this will take time and they may not bother until next year now. I am sure as and when they start again, they will let people know.

A lot of time and money was spent trying to get Wellington Street up and running and people worked for nothing but it seems the Sheffield booters aren't bothered about a town centre hard standing car boot.

I am a carboot newbie. I'd like a bit of advice about where to go. I would like to go this Sunday, 14th October, live in S7 (Sharrow) but can drive.

Needs:

- want to but some old fashioned teacups for a friend's themed wedding among other things

- a place where I can get a cup of coffee!

Which might be good ones to go to?

Are there any car boots still going on in the winter months? Or at least somewhere I could go to sell my unwanted items? I have loads to get rid of and I had a really rough Summer so I couldn't make it to any of the ones near me...sorry if this has already come up. Any help would be great

I am a carboot newbie. I'd like a bit of advice about where to go. I would like to go this Sunday, 14th October, live in S7 (Sharrow) but can drive.

Needs:

- want to but some old fashioned teacups for a friend's themed wedding among other things

- a place where I can get a cup of coffee!

Which might be good ones to go to?

Aaron, I have got LOADS of teacups, china and tea party goods for sale if you are interested?

Hi best car boot for a Saturday? In or around sheffield!

Looks like weather will be rubbish for Sunday otherwise would have done oldcoates

Thanks xx

Hi best car boot for a Saturday? In or around sheffield!

Looks like weather will be rubbish for Sunday otherwise would have done oldcoates

Thanks xx

Have you thought about Barnsley market on Sunday morning. Not the biggest pitches, but you don't need to take any tables and it is under cover.

Jim