Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

good afternoon Alison ,, is wellington street under cover ,, forecast for sunday looks a bit grim ,,

Good afternoon,

No im afraid Wellington Street isnt covered but as above the weather looking good and my vote is obvious dont you think (Ha Ha )_) hope to see you tomorrow

Best Wishes

Alison

Anybody know if its worth going to sell at Loxley tomorrow - it seems a bit far out of town to get a lot of buyers???

couldn,t tell ya ,, i havn,t been theer me sen ,, and dint know they wer 1 theer t,morra ,, thats 3 to choose from now :¬)

As far as I know the CB is on at Forge Valley School (Myers Grove) tomorrow 15 Sept 2012 , seller 8am buyers 9am.. Then on Sunday 16 Sept 2012 the CB at Wellington Street (to the rear of Debenhams where the old (1970s) fire station used to be(now a car park that is ideal for wet weather) is on , last week I arrived at 7.45 and the CB was just about completely set up. Also for Sunday morning there is one at Tesco on Infirmary Road , last week I walked from Wellington Street to Infirmary Road and it only took 20 mins (I am not the quickest walker nor the slowest).... Happy Car Booting!!

what did you think about Wellington Road and Tesco carboots ,, marks out of 10 :¬)

What would be a good time to get to Tesco Infirmary Road carboot tomorrow - going as a buyer not a seller. Doesn't say on the signs what time it is open.

Thanks

Ive done Loxley a few times and i have done ok, going again tomorrow, for anyone not knowing where it is its more or less opposite the admiral rodney pub on loxley road, what i like about it is they only let the sellers in until 9 am then they open to the public giving you plenty of chance to set up.

Is Marsh Lane still operating tomorrow? And if not, can anyone please tell me what the Derbyshire carboots are like. Cheers !!

I'm not sure who looks after this thread now, but thef first post could do with updating. I think a few have closed now such as Hilsboro.

hows everyone gone on today ,, and which carboot did you do ,, i was aiming at Wellington Street but again overlaid so i went out to Loxley ,, got theer bart 7.15 , but the good thing is they don,t let buyers in until bart 8.00 ,, gives you time to set up ,, about 50/60 cars there steady stream of buyers could av done with a few more but still took about £70 ,, not bad considering weather and its a bit isolated ,, well managed ,, and little lad going round selling his cornflake buns brought a smile to everyone :¬)x2

Hi all.This is just a heads up to all sellers.At Donny today,Two guys were spotted by my o/h, with a wad of £20 notes buying anything for a £1 and giving a £20 for change.Now im not judging,could be nowt ect.It was reported to a steward,who said thanks.So just in case they move to other boots,just beware in case...Ps they are immigrants and are black.Remember a fake £20 is worth nothing.....Untill its changed.

hows everyone gone on today ,, and which carboot did you do ,, i was aiming at Wellington Street but again overlaid so i went out to Loxley ,, got theer bart 7.15 , but the good thing is they don,t let buyers in until bart 8.00 ,, gives you time to set up ,, about 50/60 cars there steady stream of buyers could av done with a few more but still took about £70 ,, not bad considering weather and its a bit isolated ,, well managed ,, and little lad going round selling his cornflake buns brought a smile to everyone :¬)x2

Bless him, he had more round his face. He was cute. Didn't find this one as successful as hillsborough stadium for me personally. But a nice car boot :)