Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Morning all .

Just a reminder Wellington Street on tomorrow should be busier as bowshaw finished last week and Janet asked her regular booters to come over to Wellington street . Fingers crossed for the weather . Hope to see some of you there .

Happy Booting

Alison

Hey,

Does anyone know the sellers fee for Marsh Lane carboot? One website says £9 and another says £6.

I'm not paying £9 either, because that's just ridiculous.

I've looked in the Carboot Megathread and can't find anything on there about it, before anyone points me in that direction :)

Thanks in advance!

Guess you'll not be there, then?

£9 Car

£12 Van

Peak Promotions

Telephone 01246 474626 or 07702 388773

Ahhhhh. That's just too much, it's not worth the risk of not selling anything. It's funds towards my holiday that's all, and I've got hundreds and hundreds of books and then I'm stealing my brothers clothes too :D

Thanks for that though :) I didn't want to just risk going if it did end up being £9.

£9 is a rip-off, it deters normal people and just makes it for profressional carbooters.

£9 is a rip-off, it deters normal people and just makes it for profressional carbooters.

I couldn't agree more! It doesn't help that the last time I went to look around, it was empty and no buyers really, so why would I risk losing money by paying that much.

Hey,

Does anyone know the sellers fee for Marsh Lane carboot? One website says £9 and another says £6.

I'm not paying £9 either, because that's just ridiculous.

I've looked in the Carboot Megathread and can't find anything on there about it, before anyone points me in that direction :)

Thanks in advance!

They are all about £10, unless it's a charity one, it also depends how far you want to travel. There one down the motorway J29, Dinnington had one, Chesterfield had one, check Hillsborough and outskirts of Barnsley, Pleasley and Mansfield, and many more, as always weather permitting. Indoor one at Mansfield

Thanks for that everyone :)

Hillsborough is too far really, I'm at S12 so opposite side of town.

I saw quite a few car boots around a fiver, which I think was much more fair, but on Saturdays and a bit too far away.

I've decided to risk it tomorrow, I've got loads of books and clothes (loads with tags on still) so hopefully I should make a bit of money and ill get a few extra drinks on holiday and free up some space too :D

Thanks again.

Try Bowshaw instead, not sure how much they charge sellers. It's on the roundabout at the end of the Dronfield bypass.

Edited by anywebsite

Try Bowshaw instead, not sure how much they charge sellers. It's on the roundabout at the end of the Dronfield bypass.

what time is Bowshaw on from please ? (from a buyers perspective not a sellers)

Hope Valley College car boot is cancelled tomorrow, ground still waterlogged