Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

I'd suggest it depends on where you are located or how far you are prepared to travel?

A bit more info would help.

Jim

Hi,

I live in Sheffield and will be travelling by car and yes I am prepared to travel.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I live in Sheffield and will be travelling by car and yes I am prepared to travel.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

Sheffield is a big place:D

North, South, Central ????

If North Sheffield, I'd suggest Thorpe Hesley cricket club this Sunday.

If South Sheffield, I'd suggest Marsh Lane on Sunday morning or Twin Oaks on Saturday lunch time.

Do any of you out there know that there is a car boot sale being held at the old fire station on Wellington Street, Sheffield every Sunday? Ever since the Council closed their city centre car boot, people have been complaining there is nothing in the city centre. But now that someone has actually organised this car boot, no one turns up. It is a pity because this is hard standing so it doesn't matter if it rains during the night, you can still get on. I do hope more people turn up and make a success of it.

Do any of you out there know that there is a car boot sale being held at the old fire station on Wellington Street, Sheffield every Sunday? Ever since the Council closed their city centre car boot, people have been complaining there is nothing in the city centre. But now that someone has actually organised this car boot, no one turns up. It is a pity because this is hard standing so it doesn't matter if it rains during the night, you can still get on. I do hope more people turn up and make a success of it.

Keep on plugging it and eventually word will get around. I think that car boot sale organisers often give up too easily, and new sales don't get off the ground. There is no reason why a city centre one would not take off, it just needs lots of advertising.

I think there is a psychological effect if not many turn up the first few times, people drive up and see only a few cars and decide not to come again. Maybe the organisers could consider promoting it by reduced rents for the first few weeks, or getting all their friends to come and stand so it looks busy etc? Give out flyers at other local boot sales, advertise everywhere, put up posters and directions etc etc.

Hi everyone providing we don't have torrential rain for the next 3 days Loxley Recreation Ground Car Boot is planned to go ahead!! If the field does become waterlogged again we will post on Forum and Sheffield Life Saving Club website on Saturday afternoon that it is cancelled and I will email all the contacts I have and phone people booked on for the 1st. I really hope it can go ahead this time.

We are also adding another date to replace the cancelled June one it is 30th September. Still pitches available for Sunday.

hi all

stradbroke primary school summer fair and carboot sale

We have a carboot sale as part of our annual summer fair on saturday 7th July from 1.00 pm until 4.00pm

usually very well attended , all pitches are hardstanding .If you would like to book a pitch please get in touch , pitches are £5.

Thanks for reading

sally:)

Yes I know, haha.

I live in the centre of Sheffield, but do not mind travelling a bit for a good car boot.

What is considered the best in South Yorks area?

Cheers

Chris

Chris

Sheffield is a big place:D

North, South, Central ????

If North Sheffield, I'd suggest Thorpe Hesley cricket club this Sunday.

If South Sheffield, I'd suggest Marsh Lane on Sunday morning or Twin Oaks on Saturday lunch time.

From other peoples experience what would you say the best Sunday carboot is for a seller ?

I am thinking of going to marsh lane again since i did quite well last time.

The kind of things a sell are mostly brand new inc jewellery.

Thanks

Just to let everyone know i live near thorpe hesley cricket club and they have no signs up to advertise the car boot this weekend as far as i am aware it is not while 22nd of july.

Hi, Could someone tell me what time the new Wellington Street car boot opens for sellers on a Sunday. I know its new and probably not very well attended at the moment but would like to go and give it a bit of support. It will never take off unless people attend and its about time that Sheffield had a regular central car boot that people using public transport could get to

Hi

Charity Fun Day - Sunday 8 July 2012

10:00 am - 3:00 pm

King Edwards VII Lower School

Darwin Lane

Sheffield

S10 5RG

Contact 07531 677688 for a pitch sellers from 9:00 am buyers from 10:00 am

Loads more to do on the day we have fairground rides, inflatable slides, a bar, a parrot show, an animal farm, bouncy castle’s, football tournaments, Caribbean Food with come and try activities taking place all the time.

Hi, Could someone tell me what time the new Wellington Street car boot opens for sellers on a Sunday. I know its new and probably not very well attended at the moment but would like to go and give it a bit of support. It will never take off unless people attend and its about time that Sheffield had a regular central car boot that people using public transport could get to

I am so glad that someone is interested in this car boot, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think it starts at 6.30/7 am. I do hope that you have a good day and that people start to go this car boot.