Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

It depends realy because there big carboots are well established and get 1000's of buyers because they know that it is on... But like you said if you are selling alongside hundreds of sellers you can get missed / ignored.

But these little carboots dont have the same amount of buyers as the large carboots. But if a lot of buyers turn up and you are only seller you will sell s**t loads of stuff.

So im not sure on the accurate answer but i would say the larger carboots are better.

I would reccomend that you and your fella try either Old coates or Keepmoat Stadium.... I have sold at bouth and they are about the same in my opinion, Except from the fact that Old coates gets very very very muddy when it rains.

hey,

thanks for the advice, it does make sense....i will be sure to relay it onto the fella:D

hey,

thanks for the advice, it does make sense....i will be sure to relay it onto the fella:D

Sorry... I am basicaly saying that little carboot's would be great if loads of buyers turned up.

But i would stick to the larger carboots if i was you.

P.S i have just read my last post and i couldent make any sense of it either:huh::hihi:

Sorry... I am basicaly saying that little carboot's would be great if loads of buyers turned up.

But i would stick to the larger carboots if i was you.

P.S i have just read my last post and i couldent make any sense of it either:huh::hihi:

haha no worries i got ya x

can any one advise me? me and my fella have done a few carboots, but are having trouble finding the best places to sell, we have done twin oaks 3 times now and basically just broke even after petrol, entrance etc....so will not be going there again, we made a good profit at Hillsborough arena. we believe the smaller the car boot the more we make, less competition etc.... but then my mate makes loads at marsh lane which is big..

anyone else find this?

It doesnt matter whether its a massive car boot or a smaller car boot, it depends on what your selling and how much your asking. If your selling entertainment eg dvd, cds, games etc at a reasonale price you will do well with the traders, likewise the same with antiques. if your just having a clear out of all sorts then it just depends on whether someone is looking for that item or whether its cheap enough to attract the casual buyer (the ones that turn up later and wander round with there kids, dogs etc)

The bigger car boots can sometimes be too big, eg no room to stand and look, too much choice, too many people walking round.

My advice would be to give the bowshaw car boot a couple of weeks to get going then do that one. Its only a quid to stand and its in sheffield so no real extra costs plus it get busy with buyers.

Don't forget guys, car boots at The Venue @ Stocksbridge on Saturday & Tesco Infirmary Road on Sunday :hihi::D

Does anybody know what time the one at tesco starts?

Does anybody know what time the one at tesco starts?

Set up from 6am

can any one advise me? me and my fella have done a few carboots, but are having trouble finding the best places to sell, we have done twin oaks 3 times now and basically just broke even after petrol, entrance etc....so will not be going there again, we made a good profit at Hillsborough arena. we believe the smaller the car boot the more we make, less competition etc.... but then my mate makes loads at marsh lane which is big..

anyone else find this?

Tesco on Infirmary Road has one this sunday and still have a few stalls left give them a ring on 0114 3586807:)

how many stalls are there at tesco one?

how many stalls are there at tesco one?

about 50 last time i did one but its busy and ya get rid of loads

Hello!

I'm looking to do a car boot this Sunday in Sheffield, anybody know of one? I've called/emailed about ones i seen on here but not having any luck :confused:

Just tried calling about the tesco one which would be great but we quite wanted a bigger one,

Any help appreciated :love:

Rach

new car boot advertised in our local free paper starting this Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April weather permitting at Hawk Hill Lane Thurcroft 9am start contact 07870704475.