The Pension Book Cometh

The pension book does not cometh as it was replaced with a post office card a few years ago :D but you still get your cash :D

Well I dunno.... During all my misspent life I've been looking forward to my pension book..:) And what will I get in just one year, one month and twenty-two days? A post office card..:( But I suppose the money will be useful..:P

Been on pension 18 months, find it a bit of a bummer really, not quite what i expected fixed income and all that, the best thing is the bus pass which is brill! as for the sixtys, bit over rated period of time i know i was there.Todays world is a far better time to be alive, Yes i know there are problems but when hav'ant there been problems?

When i think of what pensioners have today against people in the sixtys ...... no contest.

A very good point, I wouldn't attempt to patronise you, but I hazard a guess that your dad wouldn't have caught a mobile phone, had it been thrown at him.

Not quite sure what you mean, my problem was with communication in 1962, no phone at home, me on a 2 week camping holiday on the move all the time, dad dies, no way of letting me know.

A very good point, I wouldn't attempt to patronise you, but I hazard a guess that your dad wouldn't have caught a mobile phone, had it been thrown at him.

He meant he would have been able to get the message while being away.

, however thank god that Mick Jagger looks much the same as he did then.

He performed near where I live in Canada a few yrs back. I wouldn't say he looks much the same but he sings the same old style and with just as much punch. He's one of my favorites from that era.

Come to think of it, I don't look much the same either. I used to have hair. Bit like a hippy. Peace. Far out. :hihi:

Still can't believe I'm an OAP (for a year now). All of a sudden I was in my 40s and then whoosh I'm in my mid 60s. There are some great opportunities for youngsters now regarding technology and travel. Nonetheless I feel fortunate growing up as a kid in the 1950s. Although I lived in what was a slum area (the Park district pre-Park Hill flats) it was a great community with many smashing people. The 1960s provided some good teenage years going to the Locarno and seeing all the big names in music coming to Sheffield. Getting old then was what happened to other people but here I am.

He meant he would have been able to get the message while being away.

No I didn't, I meant that the only people to have such gadgets in those days were the crew o0f the starship Enterprise. Of course the poster wished that in his case that mobiles had been around, my mum never had one, up to her death last year.

The nightclubs of the 60's usually had one payphone, I can't recall ever using one, if I needed a taxi I walked outside and hailed one.

Still can't believe I'm an OAP (for a year now). All of a sudden I was in my 40s and then whoosh I'm in my mid 60s. There are some great opportunities for youngsters now regarding technology and travel. Nonetheless I feel fortunate growing up as a kid in the 1950s. Although I lived in what was a slum area (the Park district pre-Park Hill flats) it was a great community with many smashing people. The 1960s provided some good teenage years going to the Locarno and seeing all the big names in music coming to Sheffield. Getting old then was what happened to other people but here I am.

Yes alby I have similar views. This week is the 50th anniversary of the notorious Sheffield hurricane. 50 years!!! How time flies. Still I wouldn't change growing up in the '50s & '60s for any other time.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx " It seems as if I've been around so long ,I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin" and.....

"A man's only as old as (the woman) he feels" ........ so, while ever we've got feeling.......

My pension book will not cometh untill im 68yrs old...Arr well.only 20 more years!:help: