Most Disturbing Horror Films

2010 "A Serbian Film"

Or "Martyrs"

Nasty

Steptoe And Son. Horror at it's best.

Them 2 men are kind of scary!

scariest films are ones with seagal or van damme in then proper horror films would say argentos demons or raimis evil dead

I enjoy horror flicks and laugh whilst watching them, mostly, but the one image I can't get out of my head is the one in Salems Lot where the young lads brother comes floating up to the window.

Still makes my skin crawl now!

The Orphanage .. Cleverly scary.

for me it has the The Exorcist, The Omen, Blair Witch Project, The Amityville Horror, Martyrs.

The one with the clown... IT?

"Want a balloon little boy" yes I liked that one too, though the book is better.

The Shining, Jack Nicholson at his best.

Hitch-hiker I think that's the one with Rutgar Hauer in it, and he gets tied to two lorries and pulled apart? If I am wrong I am sure one of you will put me right.

Carrie, another brilliant Stephen King book adaptation

Christine again Stephen King the one about the possessed car

and finally, The Haunting Of Emily Rose, a bit like the exorcist where a girl is possessed and she wakes every morning at 3.33am quite chilling.

Just a thought - Candyman

Edited by curriechick
forgot one!!

"Want a balloon little boy" yes I liked that one too, though the book is better.

The Shining, Jack Nicholson at his best.

Hitch-hiker I think that's the one with Rutgar Hauer in it, and he gets tied to two lorries and pulled apart? If I am wrong I am sure one of you will put me right.

Carrie, another brilliant Stephen King book adaptation

Christine again Stephen King the one about the possessed car

and finally, The Haunting Of Emily Rose, a bit like the exorcist where a girl is possessed and she wakes every morning at 3.33am quite chilling.

Just a thought - Candyman

To correct you :hihi: the film is called The Hitcher and its the main characters girlfriend who get pulled apart by Hauer with the lorries.

It's gotta be the original The Evil Dead for me - cheaply made but so effective.

The one with the clown... IT?

I was so disappointed with the film, the book really freaked me out but the film was rubbish :(

Orphan from 2009 was quite disturbing. Not particularly scary or spooky etc, but disturbing.