Copying VHS to DVD

I have a home video from many years ago on VHS does anybody know If there is a way of copying it to a DVD as I don't have a video recorder to watch it? :help:

I do mine with a dazzle capture device, many high street photo shops can do it too.

I do mine with a dazzle capture device, many high street photo shops can do it too.

I never thought of photo shops, thanks ;)

I hope the VHS tapes aren't too old. When we had a few of ours copied to DVD, some of the images couldn't be retrieved because of age. :(

if you want, you could drop it to me and for the price of a couple of pints i will sort it for you, i am in the S2 area manor top, pm me if you want me to do it, cheers

I hope the VHS tapes aren't too old. When we had a few of ours copied to DVD, some of the images couldn't be retrieved because of age. :(

I've also known the tape to snap on very old ones.

I've done a few for other people but it's always with a warning that this could happen.

On a similar theme does anyone know if it possible to copy music cassettes onto a computer, so that the music can be downloaded onto an itouch/pod.

I've got loads of music tapes, and being able to do thos would save me a small fortune.

On a similar theme does anyone know if it possible to copy music cassettes onto a computer, so that the music can be downloaded onto an itouch/pod.

I've got loads of music tapes, and being able to do thos would save me a small fortune.

Yes, did mine through a tape deck, to an amp, then into the pc via phono to jack.

It's not difficult, just time consuming.

try this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ION-iTR03-Tape-Express-Converter/dp/B002XZGUPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328890293&sr=8-1

All you need is a DVD recorder/player that has a VHS recorder/player also. All you do is insert the VHS cassette and a blank DVD disc, format the DVD disc then press record.

I've copied many VHS cassettes onto DVD but the picture quality on the DVD will only be as good as that on the VHS

All you need is a DVD recorder/player that has a VHS recorder/player also. All you do is insert the VHS cassette and a blank DVD disc, format the DVD disc then press record.

I've copied many VHS cassettes onto DVD but the picture quality on the DVD will only be as good as that on the VHS

I have a dvd/vhs combi, but i've never used it to transfer. :D