Sheffield Homes MEGATHREAD

Sheffield homes is unfit for purpose. For starters it doesn't provide enough housing. And thus homelessness in Sheffield has risen and risen and risen again.

I have tenancy, and all of a sudden this has popped up, I've just been left hanging by Sheffield homes with nothing in writing from them and I'm sure they haven't followed any procedures.

If you want help I think we need more detail!

I have a 20 months old dispute which will be in court on November 9th as a result of their conduct.

It has taken this long because you need to go through the impartial ombudsman route.

That dragged on because the impartial ombudsmane was asked to make a declaration one way or tuther to state that the rules were broken (compensation) or the followed rules dont work.

The impartial ombudsman then turned all shy and wouldnt sign off her own preliminary findings.

The reason given was that she no longer frequents the office so that clears that up then - She is a public figure and presumably will have no problem being named as Celia Denton.

The vague incomprehensible nonsense decision was endorse by two superiors under the direction of Anne Seex and i am still no wiser as to whether the rules were broken or are simply plain stupid.

P M Me your problem if you think i can help.

Any complaints have to follow procedure and the procedure is dictated by those being complained against.

Sheffield homes is unfit for purpose. For starters it doesn't provide enough housing. And thus homelessness in Sheffield has risen and risen and risen again.

Sheffield Homes' job was never to decide how much housing they should provide. That is the job of the council. The council paid a fee to SH to manage the properties, so you'll no doubt be pleased the contract is coming to an early next year, when the management reverts back to the council.

Sheffield council is run on a cabinet style basis, and there is a cabinet member for housing. There is also a team of people working on the future of council housing in Sheffield. See: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/initiatives/futureplan.html

As far as homelessness goes, that is also in the remit of the council, not Sheffield Homes.

Sheffield homes have just done a sound check and found there own doors they fitted are causing the problem and have admited that I was not consulted rite from the beginning .

Update - the house got investigated and turned out the house wasn't meant to be up for rent wasn't fit enough to live in , got told nobody should have even moved into that property as the right checks hadn't been done , amazing what a phone call to the sheffield star can do sheffield homes soon pulled there finger out