Sheffield Homes MEGATHREAD

I feel for you Deano. On the walk to my Mum's the blackberry tendrils literally go over the pavement and onto the road. On a nicer note, I don't think anyone has called the council about it. Maybe they have more things to worry about.

Oh this was Sheffield Homes that came out. Interesting thing is that a house further up has her bush that bad you have to go onto the road to get past......

She really needs to trim that bush back, even the lads in the pub keep saying that

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you are doing nothing wrong, any complaint made will be ignored; if you are doing something wrong, put it right.

:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Some people have nothing better to do with their boring little lives other than complain :roll:

if nothing was done then another thread would be started complaining about Sheffield Homes not doing anything about a tenant with an overgrown hedge

I know exactly what you mean Deano.....moved here 17 years ago...I was a biker then....ooooo didn't that upset the local net twitchers.....and three of them....all old and wrinkly decided to keep an eye.

They complained about everything I did...from having flowers on my balcony...and music....and where I parked my bike. Honestly I couldn't fart without getting a letter from the council.

They complained when I painted the brickwork at the front....it was painted when I moved in....they didn't like it being mauve even though they couldn't actually see it. The council said I had to put it back to how it was when I moved in....so I asked them to provide a tin of mid brown graffiti gloss...they asked what I meant...so I said WHEN I moved in...the front had obscenties graffitied in mid brown gloss....happy to oblige!!!! They asked me to just choose a less glaring colour....and then painted some of the communal bit opposite where the three old crones live BRIGHT GREEN...as in sunglass wearing GREEN....apparently it's anti-graffiti :hihi: Oh how I laughed.

They said I had someone living with me....and a tenancy inspector visited. What the old crones didn't know was that the person I was seeing had just moved into the place at the end of this landing...and was going home most nights but as they didn't see him leave they assumed he was living here. What the chuff was it to do with them.

And then I got a new fella...and they did the same again. So...another tenancy inspector visited...who knew my new partner as she had previously visited him at HIS address. Madness.

Thing is....one of these old crones used to keep a dog...no dogs allowed here....one of them used to run a business....you are not allowed to run a business...and the other one sells hooky tobacco. Mmmmm....perhaps these people ought to check what's growing in their own back yard before pointing out weeds in mine.

And the absolute tops was that somehow, strangely....at 2am in the morning someone set fire to my bike....it was a right blaze....Police came and woke me up. Who called them I wonder. When I went down (in my dressing gown to have a look) the three of them were stood on the walkway...fully clothed!!! The police were mighty suspicious about that one.

Let's hope it brightened their existence for the fleeting moment they were trying to destroy mine.

And why didn't I leave??? Wouldn't give the bitches the satisfaction. :hihi:

Ooops...I seemed to have had a rant too!!!

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you are doing nothing wrong, any complaint made will be ignored; if you are doing something wrong, put it right.

I totally agree with your comments.

Oh this was Sheffield Homes that came out. Interesting thing is that a house further up has her bush that bad you have to go onto the road to get past......

She really needs to trim that bush back, even the lads in the pub keep saying that

If she needs help trimming her bush then i'm your man :hihi:

Just interested to know if their policy on No pets in Flats will be reviewed soon?

We moved house (council) 6 months ago and when we were moving the washer we hit the wall and knocked loose 3 wall tiles when I pulled it out but they did not break they just came off the wall so when we handed in the keys we told Sheffield homes what had happened and they told us not to worry about it, this morning we received a bill from a debt collecting agency demanding we pay £360 for a debt passed on to them by Sheffield homes. I phoned Sheffield homes and they told me that we had ignored letters asking for payment for the damage but we never had any letters but they would not listen so I asked them how can they justifie charging us £360 just to replace 3 tiles and I was told that is the going rate so I was wondering if anybody knows what the going rate really is because I really dont think I should pay that much.

I bet the letters went to your old address. They're dim wits like that.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Personally, i would have gone down to B&Q and bought some no nails for under a tenner.It would have saved you £350.

it's only the same as if it was a private let - you would have lost part of your deposit