Parking in Sheffield City Centre

Hi All,

What is the most cost effective way to park in the centre of Sheffield. I have a place in St Pauls and the parking there is ridiculous....

Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this as cheaply as possible?

Paul

I have a discount ticket for Q Park ( I work at Sheffield Hallam) it's £3.60 a day with no limit as to how long you stay.

Didn't have any problem getting it and they didn't ask any questions, try contacting nikkie.french@q-park.co.uk as she was really helpful.

Worth a try!

Is it me or is £110.00 a month expensive?

Get a car converted to run on LPG and you can get a permit for 'free' parking in council controlled spaces for £10 a year. It doesn't matter what the car is as long as it doesn't run solely on petrol or diesel - there are loads of thirsty old Jags and Range Rovers about that are LPG converted - obviously the scheme it to encourage you to be environmentally friendly, but it's been set up without much thought.

Normal time restirctions apply, so you'd have to find somewhere you could park all day, or move your car a lot. Still, £10 a year ....

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/green-parking.html

Is it me or is £110.00 a month expensive?

Not really, try parking it at the Hallamshire Hospital multi story car park for a month, that would cost you in excess of £220. So £110 is not that bad is it ?.

If you work in the city centre you can park in Eyre street car park for £3.70 per day. I think you can purchase a monthly pass that works out a bit cheaper too, you have to speak to the guys in the office of the car park for that.

Or you can park a motorbike for free.

not in cycle bays though!!!. i am fed up of having to put a chain around lamp post, use your designated motorcycle parking bays!

not in cycle bays though!!!. i am fed up of having to put a chain around lamp post, use your designated motorcycle parking bays!

I haven't got one yet. I'll bear it in mind :)

i think its a ripoff how we have 2 pay 2 park

You don't HAVE to pay to park.

You could leave your car at home and get public transport in to the city centre.

You don't HAVE to pay to park.

You could leave your car at home and get public transport in to the city centre.

Is public transport free these days? ;)