Are you an outdoorsy type?

I like to stop and look at stuff

Me too.

Can't see the point in racing around with all the wonderful scenery to be enjoyed.

That sounds dreadful! Enjoying a country walk is one thing, practising outdoor masochism is another!

I only average about 2 miles an hour, I like to stop and look at stuff (like this morning I found a stick covered in 2cm long ice hair. That sort of thing slows you down!)

I dunno, I find it character building :D Nothing better to clear the cobwebs than a 6 mile tab :)

Seriously though, as much as I love doing the above (not a hint of sarcasm there), I really do love to amble along in the countryside and take in the views, especially if I am armed with a camera.

I love the outdoors, especially when it's sunny/frosty/snowy like it was on Sunday, but I also love getting back home and putting my feet up in front of the fire with a nice glass of vino :)

So, can we be both?

Edit - just to clarify it's walking I like, you can stick your team sports where the sun don't shine frankly :)

You've just reminded me that we've got some mulled wine... somewhere :suspect:

It was hot choc with Cointreau last Sunday though :D

(following a dog walking sledge ride, complete with ski gear and winter walking boots)

i often use the outdoors to get from my front door to my car...

Theres nothing like fresh air against your face for a few seconds...

I have been a walker all my life, love taking dogs and camera as well. luck running out lately, bad arthritis in feet, lung removed due to cancer, so walks are much shorter and slower these days. Rough terrain is very difficult so i struggle to average 1 mile per hour. But I persevere. As long as I can breathe I will go for a walk and I love every minute of it despite the pain which is worse in cold weather. I envy you lot who are still fit, enjoy it while you can. Its the healthiest entertainment in the world. :)

spend most of my time outdoors,either on allotment or walking or fishing

no such thing as cold weather only wrong clothes

but after a day outdoors like a quiet night watching telly with a good meal thenready to go again next day

i often use the outdoors to get from my front door to my car...

Theres nothing like fresh air against your face for a few seconds...

I bet that is a tiring affair :)

i work inside so either before or after work i like a good walk with my dog. i also love my fishing and the weather has to be extreme to prevent me from going.

You've just reminded me that we've got some mulled wine... somewhere :suspect:

It was hot choc with Cointreau last Sunday though :D

(following a dog walking sledge ride, complete with ski gear and winter walking boots)

Oh my hot choc and cointreau sounds divine!

Last Sunday I wore my luminous pink ski jacket with my wooly bobble hat and was too hot! But god damnit I looked sexy :hihi:

Yes I am, bloody love it. I camp in luxury with the wife and kid at designated camp sites, or rough it camping wild (naughty!) with the mates, wherever we want.

Yes yes yes as an ex O P I i used to love the great outdoors and spent most of my time in the peak district doing many wonderful activities with all kinds of groups.

spend most of my time outdoors,either on allotment or walking or fishing

no such thing as cold weather only wrong clothes

but after a day outdoors like a quiet night watching telly with a good meal thenready to go again next day

No such thing as cold weather ????? The patient may not feel cold, but the arthritis reacts badly to it. Wear all the warm clothes you want....you wont stop it. Thats why its literally incurable..