Are you an outdoorsy type?

Get thisen scrambling up Kinder.

Feel the wind through your hair, and the sheep sh*t under your finger nails. :hihi:

I climbed Kinder downfall some years ago when it was frozen, It was the first time that I had ever climbed in crampons. The climb was fantastic but the walk in with a rucksack full of climbing gear, including, crampons and boots, ice axes, 15 ice screws and all the usual gear, ie; ropes, karabiners, belay devices was an absolute nightmare. Getting there and back from the footpath (covered in snow and ice) off the snake, was harder than the climb itself.

Oh ! Happy Days ... :)

Love the outdoors, and 4 mile an hour is what I class as a fast walking pace.

Love the outdoors, and 4 mile an hour is what I class as a fast walking pace.

Are you into tabbing?

Are you into tabbing?

Sorry I don't know what this 'tabbing' is of which you speak. Please explain.

Sorry I don't know what this 'tabbing' is of which you speak. Please explain.

Tabbing (Army slang) is short for tactical advance to battle (fast march/slow run) and is normally completed carrying, a predetermined weight, in a bergen.

Oh thanks. No then I'm not into tabbing.

Oh thanks. No then I'm not into tabbing.

You certainly walk at the required pace.

4mph is an average walking pace, on good terrain, and without a 60kg load.

I know I do walk fast, and lots of people think my friend and I exagerate However we've done a timed mile at our normal walking pace on several occasions and in fact we walk slightly faster than 4 miles an hour. That said after about 4 miles we do slow a little.

Actually since I had a pretty nasty accident and shattered my leg and foot nearly 2 yrs ago, I have slowed down, although I can still walk at that pace, just not for more than about a mile.

Tabbing (Army slang) is short for tactical advance to battle (fast march/slow run) and is normally completed carrying, a predetermined weight, in a bergen.

That sounds dreadful! Enjoying a country walk is one thing, practising outdoor masochism is another!

I only average about 2 miles an hour, I like to stop and look at stuff (like this morning I found a stick covered in 2cm long ice hair. That sort of thing slows you down!)