Why do women get upset so easily?

I only say hello to people I may recognise as having seen out running before. But seeing as I'm notoriously bad at recognising people and have been in plenty of situations when someone has stopped me to say hello and I've had to rack my brains about who they are and eventually ask 'where do I know you from?', it doesn't happen very often.

Your admission that you have great difficulty in recognising acquaintances and that people say hello to you when you are out running, leads me to believe that people who you know are saying hello to you and you are ignoring them and looking at them as if they were something that you get stuck on the bottom of your shoe if walking on a pavement in Dore.:roll:

Your admission that you have great difficulty in recognising acquaintances and that people say hello to you when you are out running, leads me to believe that people who you know are saying hello to you and you are ignoring them and looking at them as if they were something that you get stuck on the bottom of your shoe if walking on a pavement in Dore.:roll:

I usually stop and have a brief exchange if it is someone I know or who knows me. Who knows who half these people are? Perhaps I got so used to the completely different culture living in London, however my point about random strangers saying hello to women whom they do not know still stands.

I usually stop and have a brief exchange if it is someone I know or who knows me. Who knows who half these people are? Perhaps I got so used to the completely different culture living in London, however my point about random strangers saying hello to women whom they do not know still stands.

If it is in the countryside and they are out walking or exercising their dogs, or running, they may consider you to be unsociable and rude. Whilst out walking we always say hi to the people who we meet whether we know them or not. It is almost etiquette in these parts.

If it is in the countryside and they are out walking or exercising their dogs, or running, they may consider you to be unsociable and rude. Whilst out walking we always say hi to the people who we meet whether we know them or not. It is almost etiquette in these parts.

I also do whilst out walking (as I have alrwady said) but not when running. Running is a completely different mindset and not really conducive to such social pleasantries, unless you happen to know someone or see them on a regular basis, in my view.

I also do whilst out walking (as I have alrwady said) but not when running. Running is a completely different mindset and not really conducive to such social pleasantries, unless you happen to know someone or see them on a regular basis, in my view.

Maybe you run that slowly in a girlie like way that they think that you are walking?:roll:

Maybe you run that slowly in a girlie like way that they think that you are walking?:roll:

Very funny! I am slow, but not that slow.

Can't beat lasses with a good sense of humour who you can have a bit of banter with, but some of the miserable buggars employed in bars and restaurants must have had a sense of humour bypass !

I hate it when idiots are rude to waiting staff, you should have been barred for being an obnoxious sexist fool.

Sexist? Fool? Women get upset and cry in order to gain control, its called emotional blackmail.

Yes, but it's all about context. Lone females running out through the parks and into the Peaks? Would you say 'hello' under those circumstances? A lot men I know wouldn't as they don't like to make women feel uncomfortable. That is my point, and the OP, if he's for real, did not respect the woman he cracked that joke to. You have to think about how things can be construed with strangers.

Did she show respect to him with her comment?

You accost lone females in public? How long before you're on some kind of register?

Crikey, saying "hello" is accosting now!

I'm on my way to London, I assume down here merely making eye contact is considered to be assault?

Who said anything about being threatened by the mere presence of men? Although I have encountered women who are, usually because they have been abused and raped.

Jog elsewhere or take a partner. Hmmm, jogging elsewhere, like the poster earlier who was at Hunters Bar? A partner, yes, but that is not always possible. Perhaps the solution lies not in women just staying in but certain men being a little more respectful and sensitive. Just a thought.

Or getting a bit of perspective and not seeing threats everywhere.

I run quite a lot, I don't expect anyone to say hello, but to be honest I don't think they'd really have time, unless you're running in the same direction a runner will pass someone going the other way pretty quickly.

I do give a bit of a nod to other runners that I see, and maybe a quick "thanks" to someone who moves out of the way or something.

I went to the bar in a pub and was approached by a rather stressed , though polite, young lady who smiled and asked what I would like.

I told her what I wanted and as she was pulling my beer it stopped flowing.

"Oh dear it has gone off"

she remarked.

"Ah well I replied"

She then said

"A womans work is never done"

to which I replied (jokingly),

"Well that is because women do not work as quick as men and so never get their work finished"

I expected her to laugh at my little wisecrack , but she was far from amused.

Without going into detail , let me simply tell you that her customer service training went to the wall and she spoiled her manners.

Some people have no sense of humour!:mad:

You behaved like a jackass. That you 'expected her to laugh' suggests you have very little self awareness and even less about what a woman who is serving you (in a very demanding and sometimes tiresome job) might find amusing.