What do you expect from Sheffield in 2006???

No change at all. More new ugly buildings. Hate the place. Its not just sheffield, its everywhere

I think we all need to adapt ourself to the changes in buildings around Sheffield, I tend to think that most of the developements are quite good, and are going to be good for Sheffield as a whole, bringing new opportunities to Sheffield.

As for the ugly buildings comment:-

Look at what we've got rid of, The wedding Cake building was horrid to look at, and I feel the prospect of having a new Hotel and Office block quite exciting! Not as dull to look at, and very well designed if you ask me!

Park Hill:- An old concrete flats complex. Again I find this development quite exciting, the new design again looks brilliant, but I think it's something we all have to adapt to!

And.................

Norfolk Park S2.

The seven sisters have gone, the old towers blocks gone from the Sheffield Horizon.

I'll miss them, but I think the new plans for the area again are quite exciting!

Matt

I'll miss the three Tower Blocks on St Aidans, specially Granville Block.

I (like most other people) would LOVE not adding 10 hours onto my working week waiting and travelling on public transport. My journey to work takes 15min when son takes me on odd occasion ,an hour at least on the bus.:(

Sadly I think the most honest answer is: more of the same.

I expect the following in 2006

1. Sheff Utd in the Premier League

2. Sheff Weds back to Champs 1.

3. More London style apartments, not that any Sheffielders can afford to live in them.

4. A rise in council tax.

5. More money to be spent on students as has been the norm.

6. Another fried chicken outlet on the Wicker.

7. More Bangladeshis to leave (believe me you will be suprised about how many Bangladeshis I have met currently living in the Sylhet district of Bangladesh seem to have resided at some point in Sheffield!!!!)

8. Any excuse to keep me away from the city.

what do I expect... more bus fare increases, more roadworks, worse traffic, more controversial building proposals, more upmarket flats that i can't believe anyone can afford to live in in increasingly unlikely parts of the city...

Not that i'm a pessimist or owt.

:(

I would like to see more affordable houses for families ... but I expect I will only see more apartments.

Stop bringing more immigrants in dont you think we have enough :)

The thing Sheffield most needs in 2006 is for the government to change the law to allow the council to tell First et al. to provide a decent public transport system

i expect to see a more pessimistic sheffield forum, although more moaning would be more difficult