Are the police THAT bad

some police are power crazy idiots,after the sheffield derby i was supposed to meet my mate in the pub he didn't turn up,when i saw him the next day he told me why.........

he came out of the ground and was making his way to meet me..he was walking up bramall lane when the majority were walking down.(towards town) he was asked were he was going,he told them and the copper screams at him walk that way pointing towards town..

my mate says i'm going up there for a pint and that is where my cars parked......he starts shoving my mate shouting that way......my mate informs him he as no right to do this........the copper grabs him round his neck and demands his name and address.........

the copper knows his name and address but insists he must tell him

my mate says but you know my name and address,copper screams name and address

at this point a mob is gathering shouting stuff like nah den he's done **** all...to which more coppers appear getting heavy handed.

anyway to cut a long story short my mate and a load of other blades were marched into town and told to **** off home.

btw the bloke in question is 50 year old not some burberry cap wearing wannabee.........and they wonder why people don't like them:rant:

copper knows his name and address but insists he must tell him

kirky, how does copper know his name and address?

Originally posted by beautynbeast

copper knows his name and address but insists he must tell him

kirky, how does copper know his name and address?

because he's been following united for years and back in the 70's lets say he was a bit of a character......but does that mean he can't walk up a street after a footy match.....they were doing it to loads of people ..without reason

Originally posted by kirky

lets say he was a bit of a character......but does that mean he can't walk up a street after a footy match.....

depends on what you call a character?

are we talking dougie and eddy brimson material here?

we are talking a right laff and a bit of a pisshead (a bit like myself in them days) but never a hooligan,having said that it was hard to avoid it at games in the 70's as the grounds were full of lads from both teams wanting to have a pop..not like the family orientated game of today.

I must say I was warned by my great-g d. When visiting Sheffield in the past I found it full of warm & friendly people full of humour & dry wit who would always take a joke the way it was intended,and this I still find true in 95% of SF cases ,the other 5% who hang around SF waiting to pounce on some spelling mistake or wanting to pound a head in can not be made of true Sheffield steel , rather some cheap electical import and can always be discounted when talking to true Yorkshire folk.

because he's been following united for years and back in the 70's lets say he was a bit of a character......but does that mean he can't walk up a street after a footy match.....they were doing it to loads of people ..without reason

Police cannot stop people without a reason !!

Allright at a football match there would have been a number of bylaws allowing them to randomly 'check' people, but I would imagine that your friend was probably bringing his awareness to the Police by his actions.

Also if he was asked his name and address and the police knew his address "20 years" ago, it's not beyond the realms of possibilty he would have moved. Whats the issue with just giving your details to the Police any how, if as you said he had done nothing wrong.

The old saying "no smoke without fire" ????

the police do tend to be useless in sheffield! sorry but in my experience this is the case

Originally posted by RazorSHarp

Police cannot stop people without a reason !!

Allright at a football match there would have been a number of bylaws allowing them to randomly 'check' people, but I would imagine that your friend was probably bringing his awareness to the Police by his actions.

Also if he was asked his name and address and the police knew his address "20 years" ago, it's not beyond the realms of possibilty he would have moved. Whats the issue with just giving your details to the Police any how, if as you said he had done nothing wrong.

The old saying "no smoke without fire" ????

you don't know your born mate..get into the real world:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you don't know your born mate..get into the real world:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kirky,

I worked as a Police Officer for 9 years before suffering personnel injury from "an innocent". I can honestly say that I never abused my authority once during that time, and believe me I could have, easily.

Beofre you ask, I didn't get a massive 'pay off' and I have returned to working outside of the legal system.

As for living in the real world, I've been there and its' **** !!

Originally posted by RazorSHarp

I can honestly say that I never abused my authority once during that time, and believe me I could have, easily.

Good on you, but I will bet you have seen and heard about other officers breech their rules of conduct.

I have been a victim of their misconduct several times.

Just like real people, some are power p***ed w*****s, others are nearly human.

I've often thought of signing up to be a volunteer Cop, but I don't think I'd pass teh physical requirements for it being 13 stone with mobility difficulties.