Why has Sheffield Council allowed this Chinese Takeaway to Remain Open?

that scores on the doors is a joke. all you do is fill in a care of duty book to say you checked the temperature of food , you have watched the DVD of how to wash hands which gets you the stars -

as if there is not enough preparation/ paper work to do for a take away (its just not a matter of tossing a wok lol)

must admit there are on the spot , behind the freezer checks also :)

therefore having no stars doesnt mean bad hygiene standards. Just means when the inspector arrived, they could not prove how they maintain their maintenance regime which includes having paper towels near dedicated hand wash basins and health and safety cards , appropriate raw/cooked knives/chopping boards.

Sorry, I consider this to be pretty serious, and what I've highlighted in bold makes me very nervous. Where is it you work?

I'm not connected with any food business and am just curious, what happens when a business sorts itself out or changes hands? How is the site updated to make sure the info is current.

Usually the place gets renamed. Also the problem with the site is that sometimes people can rename a place to destroy its bad reputation. The biggest example I can think of is the nuclear inicident at windscale. The place was renamed Selafield.

Simple sollution would be if you dont trust a place rather than asking the council to eventually shut it down after they wade through rafts of human rights legislation would be not to go. It will shut down due to lack of business much quicker.

Sorry, I consider this to be pretty serious, and what I've highlighted in bold makes me very nervous. Where is it you work?

eh what do you mean. i am indicating the need to demonstrate to have on display to ensure separate knives for raw/cooked and separate chopping boards for raw/cooked food.

eh what do you mean. i am indicating the need to demonstrate to have on display to ensure separate knives for raw/cooked and separate chopping boards for raw/cooked food.

Sorry, completely misread your post. :D

the queue was out the door again for this place when i walked past. i don't know what people round here see in the place.

It is visibly dirty, it has a terrifying hygiene rating, and all the food is brown. all of it, even the stuff that is supposed to be green.

However, they give you loads of it, and it is cheap. Goes to show that a huge percentage of people in Sheffield use quantity for money as the sole defining factor in things, rather than quality.

i can honestly say that the food i had from there was the worst i have ever paid money for. Vast quantities of putrid, msg laced, oversalted muck, made from extremely low quality produce. mental. it makes the other average quality takeaways in the area look like Le Gavroche.