Why has Sheffield Council allowed this Chinese Takeaway to Remain Open?

The family decided to have a takeaway last night. I was feeling a bit off-colour, so didn't want much to eat, so they decided on a Chinese as it's my least favourite.

There's three Chinese takeaways literally bang next to each other on Middlewood Road, and we had menus for all three; I'm so pleased we didn't choose Canton King. :gag:

The last council health inspection rates the level of hygiene, and the working environment as, in their own words 'Very Bad'. They also add they have no confidence in the management.

Why did they not just close it down? Surely, if it was 'Very Bad' someone could likely become ill eating from there.

Link here:

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/canton-king-sheffield-75025.html

Not come across the site you supplied the link to but would of thought that if you had questions then a phone call to the council might be in order,

Maybe it's just me but I'd be highly suspicious of any site that doesn't supply links to the council web site where such info can be found

Not a fan of there anyway

Massive portions but terrible quality

Edited by indiechick
typo

Not come across the site you supplied the link to but would of thought that if you had questions then a phone call to the council might be in order,

Maybe it's just me but I'd be highly suspicious of any site that doesn't supply links to the council web site where such info can be found

It's a totally bona fide and long established scheme.

Links to the council plus phone number and addresses are provided.

To be fair this was only done in November last year. I think they give them a chance to book their ideas up.

I mean let's not forget that "Almost total non-compliance with statutory obligations" doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous.

Saves the staff from being dole bums I guess.

Canton King rules!!!!!!!

Bhajis in Market Square, Woodhouse got a similar rating. I thought they would have been closed down the minute an inspector set foot in the place if the number of dead flies in the flourescent tube diffusers was anything to go by.

Canton King rules!!!!!!!

So, imagine we were friends in real life, and you'd seen my kitchen and it was proper rank. Would you want to come around for me to cook you a Chinese meal? :hihi:

People observe evidence of malpractice but continue to frequent such places-unbelievable when it is a piece of cake to cook with a wok.I would not buy a take away when the same meal can be cooked for pennies not £s.

i remember when it was the Kwon Hing.

it was legendary.

the best chinese in the world, and not just because of the amount of chips you used to get,

1 chip pan full...per bag.

but have heard very bad things since it changed hands.

would never go there again

People observe evidence of malpractice but continue to frequent such places-unbelievable when it is a piece of cake to cook with a wok.I would not buy a take away when the same meal can be cooked for pennies not £s.

We'll have

2 x Chicken & Cashew Nuts in Black Bean sauce

2 x Deep fried Shredded Chicken in Hot & Spicey Sauce

2 x Mixed starters

4 x Egg Fried Rice

Prawn Crackers

Be round in half an hour, i'm assuming you'll have change for a pound coin?