Woodseats blog!

i think this is stupid there only askin for your views on woodseats not your bank details, get a grip and help, u was once at school and asked to do sumthin, they are only doin same.

Maybe Strix is getting a bit confused between areas. :suspect:

Woodseats people are great and very helpful. Ask the couple who lost their cat over on Pets Section. They love us! :)

I think the target audience has grown a little weary of being on the resource lists of various university courses over the years. Almost without fail students ask for help then neglect to provide any thanks or feedback once the project is over, hence the prickliness of some of SF's members.
very well put Hecate - there's been a rash of them in the last couple of days

People on SF are generally very helpful - as I am myself - but I've given up helping people who aren't really interested in a two way street. You'll find some of my posts in the pets group are shorter than they would have been in the past too. There are far too many people who don't even confirm if they've bothered to read the answers they get, let alone leave thanks for them

This OP seems to have wasted more time sparring with me than engaging with those who are happy to help

very well put Hecate - there's been a rash of them in the last couple of days

This OP seems to have wasted more time sparring with me than engaging with those who are happy to help

For one, I take offence to being included in a "rash", there is no need for harsh words. I was merely asking people for input in helping with our group project. You obviously don't agree and don't want to help...so don't. This is the last time I aim to reply to you.

As for the people who are actually helping. It's very much appreciated!! :)

A topical feature might be to do with traffic congestion and traffic management schemes, as they are currently carrying out roadworks to remove the traffic lights/bus filter lane on Meadowhead which was introduced a few years ago at a cost of £x,xxx,xxx?

Just the sort of thing we're looking for! Is there another post on this somewhere on the forum ?

Come on its the O/P first day on the forum give him a break, I personally hate most journo's with a passion. lazy arsed bunch of blanks that never leave their desks spending all day regurgitating the internet into news.

A topical feature might be to do with traffic congestion and traffic management schemes, as they are currently carrying out roadworks to remove the traffic lights/bus filter lane on Meadowhead which was introduced a few years ago at a cost of £x,xxx,xxx?

:o I said it was a waste of money in the first place!! The local council really know how to waste public money.

:o I said it was a waste of money in the first place!! The local council really know how to waste public money.

I'm not familiar with the area (I'm from and live in Nottingham). Did it have much of an impact when it was originally built?

And you are the type of person we tend to avoid. We are simply doing as we have been instructed by our lecturers (who are experienced journalists). You've got your back up ... for no particular reason to be honest. Jeff posted about the Gazelle earlier and this has opened up leads we didn't know about, which shows how SF SHOULD work. People helping other people. And we are grateful for it.

You're lucky that your lecturers are experienced in the real world. When I was at University most of the lecturers were experienced in teaching and academia, few had actual experience of working in industry and applying their knowledge.

SF does work how you suggest. I guess the important thing about any successful relationship is you need to build a network first and then sustain it. Have you thought about moving from Nottingham to Sheffield? Woodseats is a good area to live, apart from the traffic.

Just the sort of thing we're looking for! Is there another post on this somewhere on the forum ?

Search button is on the left. Try using it

Search button is on the left. Try using it

I ll rephrase for the benefit of someone new on here.

It is a little difficult to immediately spot the search button but if you go to the top left corner there is a search facility. That will show relevant info for that part of the forum - so you may want to look at other areas eg " going out" ...maybe "pets" "parenting" too.

Good luck.:)