Call Centres: The Poor-Houses of the 21st Century?

Don't apologise Sam - you and Jubby have been having quite an ineresting debate over the last couple of days and I admire you both for sticking to your guns!

Fattybear however, was just downright rude, presumptious and arrogant. His post was completely uncalled for and people like him are part of the reason that call centres (particularly the one in question here) have such a high staff turnover.

Of course, Fattybear will never have had a day off sick his life, has never complained about any job he's ever had and is the perfect manager. Now, those statements are most likely untrue but if he can make sweeping statements about people he knows nothing about, then so can I :D

Why should my post be deleted ?

Is this some kind of fascist regime where censorship rules ?

I was quite simply stating an opinion and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular (angel b - sorry if I offended you but I really DIDN'T aim it at you..)

I stand by my statement - there are far too many people working for companies in jobs they hate.

There's nothing worse than turning up for work ready to put in a hard days graft, 'up for it', motivated and ready to give it 100% only to be sat next to some moaner who goes on and on about how they were turned down for promotion 'just because' they have had 3 months off in the last 4 months etc..

Also - angel b - I find it a bit ironic that you suffer severe migraines and extreme vertigo yet you are on the top floor of a contact centre in front of a pc monitor all day !?!?

I say SACK THE MOANERS - and see if they enjoy sitting on the DOLE instead.

If you ARE one of these whinging moaning people who believe that your company isn't worthy of your attendance or efforts then CLEAR OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE and get a job elsewhere as surely this would be better for all concerned !?

Again- I direct this at no one individual but all these layabout losers who feel that this earth owes them something..

Originally posted by fattybear

Why should my post be deleted ?

Is this some kind of fascist regime where censorship rules ?

I was quite simply stating an opinion and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular (angel b - sorry if I offended you but I really DIDN'T aim it at you..)

I stand by my statement - there are far too many people working for companies in jobs they hate.

There's nothing worse than turning up for work ready to put in a hard days graft, 'up for it', motivated and ready to give it 100% only to be sat next to some moaner who goes on and on about how they were turned down for promotion 'just because' they have had 3 months off in the last 4 months etc..

Also - angel b - I find it a bit ironic that you suffer severe migraines and extreme vertigo yet you are on the top floor of a contact centre in front of a pc monitor all day !?!?

I say SACK THE MOANERS - and see if they enjoy sitting on the DOLE instead.

If you ARE one of these whinging moaning people who believe that your company isn't worthy of your attendance or efforts then CLEAR OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE and get a job elsewhere as surely this would be better for all concerned !?

Again- I direct this at no one individual but all these layabout losers who feel that this earth owes them something..

Wow!!

I had this same conversation at work today...

Why, oh why do people go to work as miserable as sin...???

Fattybear - I don't think your post should have been deleted. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to disagree with that opinion, just as you do with mine.

Vertigo is a side effect of migraine and contrary to popular belief, is not always brought on by heights - mine isn't - it's a loss of balance due to things going wrong in the inner ear.

As for being in front of a monitor all day... I know what my migraine triggers are and that's not one of them, so totally irrelevant and therefore not really ironic. Also, who said I worked on the top floor? ;-)

Fascist! How dare you insinuate. You are the fascist, I'll have you know!. I haven't had a day off work for over seven years!

I work at least 50 (sometimes nearer 60) hours per week at the institution and then I take mountains of work home with me. I work Saturdays, Sundays, most of the day - it must be more like 80 hours per week.

I am, indeed, insulted. Somewhat. And then I have to listen to poncified sexcist prats talking basura like you on the weekend?

God's teeth and Christ on bike in one sentence!

You, I say, don't know the meaning of a day's work. Pmmf. Pelotas! Shat.

As a Lecturer in psychology, sociology and The English language (and I teach Spanish as well as Catalan to degree levels) In the CCMCT, I deplore your instigations.

As someone who is clearly higher up the social (it really does grieve me to stoop this low) than you, I don't rub shat into bottoms.

I get on with what I do, and what I do gets on with me.

Shut up!

Get yourself a life.

Doctor Sam

Easy now fella - you'll give yourself a heart attack.

As I said previously (if you had actually READ the thing correctly you would already know this) that this wasn't aimed at one person in particular.

Chill winston..

lol

(I love you)

x

It's me again, Fatty.

Good morning.

Having just read your last post, after careful consideration and conversation with my inner self, I have decided to accept your apology.

I so sort of admire people when they can admit that they have been wrong.

Good on you.

A very chilled Sam.

Apology accepted mate - no need to continue your grovelling..

I'm kind of an expert in this 'call centre' field so it was obvious you wouldn't 'get it' in the same way I do..

Don't worry - you haven't embarrassed yourself THAT much.

x

I wish you'd been my manager when I was there - I'd have pulled your arms off and beaten you with them.

I think the most important question to ask is:

ARE YOU HAPPY TO DO THE JOB YOU DO FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU RECEIVE FOR DOING IT?

If you are, there's nothing to complain about.

If you're not, then you should work hard towards a pay rise or promotion, or find something that will make you happier.

Ta Dahhhhhh