Parking Eye & Roxburghe UK

Hi,

Got a parking ticket from Parking Eye for going behind farmfoods in hillsborough for 10 minutes back in october read on here how its a scam so ignored all the letters.

Kept getting calls from a mobile number so rang it back today and its from a company called Roxburghe who are a debt collectors!

Should i carry on ignoring them? :huh: :huh:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3678511

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24320

Still seems the general consensus is to ignore it unless you receive proper court papers.

Only courts can issue fines

A Debt Collecting Agency cannot touch your credit rating

A CCJ would only be a black mark if you failed to pay it within 28 days

A CCJ can only be awarded against you if you fail to defend the case, or in the unlikely event that you ignored all of Pepipoo's advice

Edited by Greengeek

I had the fine from excel, phone calls from roxburgh, and letters from graham white, told them to take me to court, and i would await there letter informing me of date etc. Other 'collectors' from roxburgh told me they would come to my door and kick my face in, I told them they knew where I lived and to give me a few hours notice so I could get home from work. None of the above happened. They use bullying tactics to try and pay you a non-eforceable parking charge..not fine. Only councils/police can issue parking fines

still on with this game then are they! shocking behaviour, about time these companies were put out of business.

Ignore them don't even talk to them .I have had two in the last twelve months didn't pay anything to them, they go away eventually like a bad smell .

It is generally a scam. However, this doesn't give you the right to park anywhere on private land without consequence! If that was the case, you could leave a car in all manner of antisocial locations. It sounds like you may have parked where their deliveries go, and had you disrupted this, they might be able to claim costs against you.

However, this being the normal PPC companies (and their regular associates), it's more than likely that there is no reasonable claim, just a desire to bully money out of you.

Hi,

Kept getting calls from a mobile number so rang it back today and its from a company called Roxburghe who are a debt collectors!

Should i carry on ignoring them? :huh: :huh:

Do keep ignoring them and they will go away. Debt Collectors have no more powers than you and I. And anyway it is only a person on the next desk. Type Pa

Only respond to sealed court papers - usually from Northampton.

The letter chain you can expect to receive is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Then they stop.

It is generally a scam. However, this doesn't give you the right to park anywhere on private land without consequence! If that was the case, you could leave a car in all manner of antisocial locations. It sounds like you may have parked where their deliveries go, and had you disrupted this, they might be able to claim costs against you.

However, this being the normal PPC companies (and their regular associates), it's more than likely that there is no reasonable claim, just a desire to bully money out of you.

Nope just drove into what use to be a free car park in hillsborough on a Sunday. didnt see the signs (and thats the truth) parked up ran across the road to Wilkinsons and left 10 minutes later so didnt block or disturb anything.