Anyone from the village of woodhouse

Edith and George (Jud) Kelk???[/quote I remember your Granma very well she lived next door to my Mum in law and was a lovely lady - last saw her when we came home for a holiday in 1996. I don't really remember George. I knew and loved June- Tell her Mary & Peter Rob said hello!

Nan Robbo.. Was your dad Charlie??

It's a shame cos I only really know my nan her older years, but from the storys she told she was quite a character, everyone says i'm like her which I suppose isn't a bad thing, she was a plucky old bird.. she was chuffed to become a great grandma a couple of months before she passed away. My mum and dad's fine, nothing changes with them much..

x

Hey so did my grandad ......

Small world

Hey.. The shoe shop was Kendalls, my nan used to drag me in for some horrendous but sensible boots every year as a kid...

I remember Prudence... also Fred Hardcastle, had loads of money but preferred to live as a porper..

Anyone remember when Bubbles burnt down?? it used to be where Ladbrooks is now (formally Dickinsons newsagent) god I feel old.....

Anyone remember my grandparents? I'd love to know what they were like when they were younger... Edith and George (Jud) Kelk???

i used to serve tommy kelk when i worked behind the bar in the woodhouse central club,played darts for ,em with steve kelk,good lad,happy days.

Edith and George (Jud) Kelk???[/quote I remember your Granma very well she lived next door to my Mum in law and was a lovely lady - last saw her when we came home for a holiday in 1996. I don't really remember George. I knew and loved June- Tell her Mary & Peter Rob said hello!

Nan Robbo.. Was your dad Charlie??

It's a shame cos I only really know my nan her older years, but from the storys she told she was quite a character, everyone says i'm like her which I suppose isn't a bad thing, she was a plucky old bird.. she was chuffed to become a great grandma a couple of months before she passed away. My mum and dad's fine, nothing changes with them much..

x

No Charlie was Mum-in-laws second husband. Bill Robinson was my Dad-in-law, he died probably before you were born. Edie was a beaut lady and so straight forward, and as I remember she never said a bad word about anyone. She could be very funny and my sister-in-law Pat and I loved her dearly.

I used to live on Badger Close in the masonettes from 1965 then we moved across the road to Badger Road in 1969, and I lived there until 1979, I can remember the olde sweet shop opposite the George next to the Stag,The paper shop as well, I remember the old Cobblers & the old gents toilet which were under the memorial cross, I remember the old Picture house and the old court yard to the right, the house in the yard had a date like 1634 above the door, they were all derelict when I was a kid, we used to play in all the buildings and all the old houses behind the Stag and cross keys we used to play in them as well, finding the odd German helmet or Jack boots, or old tin bath, The good old days

Johnny P (Piggy)

My family moved to Woodhouse when I was 11 in 1958. We lived on the then new Tithe Barn estate at number 32 Tithe Barn Avenue. The one with an electricity sub station in the back garden! We came from the slums on Hodgson Street near to Bramall Lane.

I remember the Badger estate being built. Both my sister and brother were married in St James's church. My sister's reception was held in the then disco room at the Royal.

I started as a cub in the 173rd. St James scout group, went through scout, senior scout and rover scout and finished up taking over as Scout master from Eric Moody. I left after getting married in 1973.

I remember sneeking out for my first pint ever at 18 (no under age drinking then!) at the small pub that changed into some type of restaurant in the village square.

Our neighbours just below us on Tithe Barn Ave had a French mum and I remember her relatives coming to visit them in an old 2CV Citroen. Perhaps that's why I live in Brittany now!!!

BE:)

I used to live on Badger Close in the masonettes from 1965 then we moved across the road to Badger Road in 1969, and I lived there until 1979, I can remember the olde sweet shop opposite the George next to the Stag,The paper shop as well, I remember the old Cobblers & the old gents toilet which were under the memorial cross, I remember the old Picture house and the old court yard to the right, the house in the yard had a date like 1634 above the door, they were all derelict when I was a kid, we used to play in all the buildings and all the old houses behind the Stag and cross keys we used to play in them as well, finding the odd German helmet or Jack boots, or old tin bath, The good old days

Johnny P (Piggy)

My family moved to Woodhouse when I was 11 in 1958. We lived on the then new Tithe Barn estate at number 32 Tithe Barn Avenue. The one with an electricity sub station in the back garden! We came from the slums on Hodgson Street near to Bramall Lane.

I remember the Badger estate being built. Both my sister and brother were married in St James's church. My sister's reception was held in the then disco room at the Royal.

I started as a cub in the 173rd. St James scout group, went through scout, senior scout and rover scout and finished up taking over as Scout master from Eric Moody. I left after getting married in 1973.

I remember sneeking out for my first pint ever at 18 (no under age drinking then!) at the small pub that changed into some type of restaurant in the village square.

Our neighbours just below us on Tithe Barn Ave had a French mum and I remember her relatives coming to visit them in an old 2CV Citroen. Perhaps that's why I live in Brittany now!!!

BE:)

both quite a bit before my time lol, think i moved to woodhouse in 81

bald, the restraunt wouldve been the cross daggers?

small building, far corner of the square near the stocks

Cross Daggers it is/was?! In my day you went outside to the blokes toilet.

Cross Daggers it is/was?! In my day you went outside to the blokes toilet.

cant remember ever going in tbh but im sure in my day they had a bog indoor :P

Born in 1931 on Rodman ST Woodhouse Mill.

I'm 79 now, I think I predate most of your correspondents.

What the heck is Badger Rd. It was a field opposite the Grammar School when I went there.

Bob Graves was Cubmaster, and Mr Edwards was Scoutmaster. Mr Evans was the Headmaster at the Grammar School. I went to Woodhouse East Council School until it was turned into a Casualty Clearing Station, and we had to do home service in Mrs Blooms front room at the end of Rodman St. Miss Halford was the teacher. I remember Miss Jenkins and Miss Meredith and Miss Walton and Mr Richardson . Mr Knott was the Headteacher. We (the scouts ) used to help the emergency services by playing casualties. I started work as an apprentice in 1947 (16 yrs of age) at Firth Browns in Attercliffe, and went to do national service in 1953 (22 years of age) in the Royal Air Force. Came out in 1955 and went to work at Aerex. Moved from there to Davy United for the next 35 years. Running out of space here All the Best to you all from Jack Maltby

Johnny P (Piggy)

can you remember pauline butler and her brothers david, roger, and alan.

I went to Woodhouse Grammar School and lived on Spa lane for a short time in the seventies. Anyone remember the Tilleries/Adrian Sensicall/Angelica Schirenbeck?

Linda Swallow, Dinnington. (formerly Trehearn)