Fabio Capello to quit? - Now resigned

There really isn't much time until the start of the tournament so the FA have to act quickly.

They need to find someone who is available now.

Someone with experience of managing at international level.

Ideally at big tournaments. The more the better.

Someone who speaks English.

Someone who knows, and is highly regarded by, some of the players likely to be chosen.

Perhaps who has experienced being drafted in at short notice to take over from someone who has made a right pigs ear of things. And doing well.

Step forward Mr Gus Hiddink. Assisted by Mr Ray Wilkins, Mr Stuart Pearce and Mr Ray Clemence.

That should see us through the tournament and in the mean time the FA can sort out a long term appointment.

What's the worst that can happen?

And Yes, Mr Hiddink, unlike Mr Redknapp, has been convicted of tax evasion but it was the Dutch revenue so who cares?

Call him tonight!

Step forward Mr Gus Hiddink. Assisted by Mr Ray Wilkins, Mr Stuart Pearce and Mr Ray Clemence.

Good shout.

Wanting Hiddink carries the same problem as wanting Mourinho, or wanting Redknapp, or wanting anybody else.

No professional manager is going to come within ten miles of a job where he won't be allowed to decide his own captain and teamsheet.

Wanting Hiddink carries the same problem as wanting Mourinho, or wanting Redknapp, or wanting anybody else.

No professional manager is going to come within ten miles of a job where he won't be allowed to decide his own captain and teamsheet.

I don't know, Hiddink was happy to manage Chelsea under the ever watchful eye of Roman.

Why should Terry resign if he's innocent?

For the good of the team?

Of course, some people might argue that a man giving instructions to black people, who's awaiting trial for a charge of racial abuse against black people, isn't going to cause a problem for the team. I'm not one of them. Particularly not when the alleged victim's own brother is going to be one of the guys on that team.

Well the FA has thrown away £24m plus whatever severance pay that may have been negotiated and for what? A disastrous World Cup campaign led by a foreigner with a poor command of English and whose heart was never in it.

Until the time serving blazers at the FA sling their hooks the England team is doomed. Doomed I say. :hihi:

Why should he resign? What he allagedlly did was a stupid and racist thing to do I agree but he is still the best captin and should be given a chance to earn back the nations respect

Great captain's IMHO are great roles models - he is many things but neither of those.

He can earn back respect from being "simply" a player.

Edited by pottedplant

Harry is the media darling at the moment and they will love it if he gets it.

I predict that "love affair" will last until the first or if he's lucky second big defeat then they will turn on him as they nearly always do.

Dont blame his for quiting,he was undermined by the FA and its stupid decision to remove the captaincy from Terry,innocent until proven guilty is what we are SUPPOSED to have in this country.

In any other business, an employee going to court on racism allegations would be suspended... put on gardening leave... call it what you will... until the case had been tried.

In the event of a not guilty verdict, the employee would be free to return to work. If the verdict was guilty the employee would then be subject to the company's disciplinary policy and that may include dismissal.

Why doesn't this apply to football?

Why should Terry resign if he's innocent?

Chris Huhne did to prevent his upcoming trial from being a distraction to Govt business. Terry could have done the same but chose not to.

Terry is a carthorse as witnessed against Germany in the World Cup. Capello is a poor manager and should repay his salary.

He makes Graham Taylor look like Alf Ramsey and has achieved very little of worth.

Capello has achieved loads ! Do you know anything about football? He has won the league title with every club he has ever managed and has a good managerial record . Your view on terry is opinion (which I don't agree with ) but your comments on capello are just wrong

Harry is the media darling at the moment and they will love it if he gets it.

I predict that "love affair" will last until the first or if he's lucky second big defeat then they will turn on him as they nearly always do.

Harry Redknapp is being portrayed as odds on favourite, so much so that I can easily imagine the media breaking out in hysterics if he were to turn job down.