Kilner Way Retail Park thread

- but maybe a Homebase? There isn't one north-side anymore/

They moved out of the site that is now Wicks though (off Penistone Rd) so presumably they weren't selling enough. And they've recently closed the one at Meadowhall RP. It looks like the homebase network is in decline, so I can't imagine them opening new stores in the same area they've been closing them.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 10:03 ----------

Whoever did the layout for the entrance/exits to the car park needs a poke in the eye.

Yeah, turning in whilst someone else is coming out is basically impossible, despite the notional two lanes. It's a good job it's never busy.

As far as I am aware Homebase is bankrupt and doesn't trade anywhere any more?

Theres a Homebase on Chesterfield Road, my mum went in at the weekend.

Yeah, turning in whilst someone else is coming out is basically impossible, despite the notional two lanes. It's a good job it's never busy.

Also the second entrance that's sealed up, what was that stupid crap all about???

It had traffic light priority for years.

I've been informed that the three untils opposite halfords and Argos are going to be Boots, Le Bon Vin and M&S. How true this is I don't know, I guess only time will tell.

Imagine, a Boots and an M&S with parking! A nice idea, but sounds too good to be true.

Also the second entrance that's sealed up, what was that stupid crap all about???

It had traffic light priority for years.

I guess it might become a delivery only access, as the main parking will be at the front. If so, expect it to soon have traffic light priority again.

I guess it might become a delivery only access, as the main parking will be at the front. If so, expect it to soon have traffic light priority again.

If you mean the entrance directly across from the bottom of Fox Hill Road, at the side of the new steelwork, then (at least until very recently) there is a phase of the lights for people leaving the complex, with all other roads at stop, even though the road is blocked off.

Can't wait for that then.

It's a pretty tight turn, so don't be surprised if some poor person gets side-swiped by a HGV swinging out wide to make the turn.

The Retail park seems to have done ok for deliveries so far, is it soley to serve the one unit being put up now??

If so thats abit crap really.

I don't see how the Stocksbridge development impacts on Kilner Way or vice versa at all. I have been to Stocksbridge once or twice, they could build Meadowhall out there and I still wouldn't go.