Kilner Way Retail Park thread

Well we have that god-awful one on Hillsborough shops.

I am really hoping for The Range, Boots or a good B&M but I am also worrying for my bank balance should that happen!

Heard a rumour that hillsborough is closing and going into Kilner way,maybe true if it's a bigger shop,marks and spencer would be nice tho'

And the latest from Kilner Way is :-there's going to be a dunelm! Much needed around this neck of the woods I think.

I wouldn't say it is much needed as there is denelm five minutes away at Hillsborough.

The Dunelm at hillsborough is shutting down on the 12/12/16 and the one at Kilner way is opening on the 13/12/16

Heard a rumour that hillsborough is closing and going into Kilner way,maybe true if it's a bigger shop,marks and spencer would be nice tho'

Need a decent food store this side of town..a Waitrose would be best but would settle for a marks n spencer food hall :thumbsup: never happen tho :(

Need a decent food store this side of town..a Waitrose would be best but would settle for a marks n spencer food hall :thumbsup: never happen tho :(

It might. There were many comments about how a Costa would fail in Hillsborough, the one at the tram stop is still thriving. I wonder if the Costa at Kilner Way will succeed? I wouldn't say no to an M&S food, but choice has improved since Sainsburys opened.

Considering they're now closing a couple of M&S places and I believe one of them is the food hall on Ecclesall Road, I'm not sure they'll open one at Kilner Way anytime soon.

Considering they're now closing a couple of M&S places and I believe one of them is the food hall on Ecclesall Road, I'm not sure they'll open one at Kilner Way anytime soon.

No they're not closing the Eccy Road branch, they are opening more Food stores and closing some of the town-centre general stores.

The Dunelm at hillsborough is shutting down on the 12/12/16 and the one at Kilner way is opening on the 13/12/16

Dunelm on Kilner Way opens on the 3rd December :)

No they're not closing the Eccy Road branch, they are opening more Food stores and closing some of the town-centre general stores.

They also have the ideal unit ready now that Netto has vacated, be fantastic to have an M+S foodstore there...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It might. There were many comments about how a Costa would fail in Hillsborough, the one at the tram stop is still thriving. I wonder if the Costa at Kilner Way will succeed? I wouldn't say no to an M&S food, but choice has improved since Sainsburys opened.

I can't really remember the conversation about Costa in Hillsborough, but presumably it was based on the failure of several other cafe's at the same location?

Kilner is quite a different prospect to Hillsborough though, it's a low footfall area, people drive to the retail park, they're never just walking past.

That said, you see Starbucks/Costa in quite a few retail parks, although generally they have more than the 4 or 5 shops that Kilner has, and consequently a higher number of visitors.