Retail opportunity on south rd

Hi everyone, Is anyone looking for a low cost retail opportunity in a student area but with lower rates?

The Netto on south rd at walkley is now the new Asda supermarket. On the same parade, glenmill carpets and part of the premier supermarket are available. Both have about 600 sq ft.

There appears to be a lack of florists, greengrocers, hardware shops, clothing, footwear and of course the much missed post office.

Rents on south rd are around £200pw and 30,000 students are within 2 miles. Crookes is the nearest shopping area and buses 52, 95, 31 and s6 serve.

Asda have just invested a huge sum, would anyone like to ride on the back of their extra footfall?

Asda (Tesco/Morrison/Sainsbury/Waitrose) sell

1. Fruit and Vegetables - bang goes your greengrocer

2. Hardware - bang goes your Hardware

3. Clothing - bang goes your clothing shop

4. Shoes - bang goes your footwear

5. Stationary, Stamps, Card etc - bang goes your post office

These are the very good reasons why none of them are on south road with or without lower business rates!!!

There appears to be a lack of florists, greengrocers, hardware shops, clothing, footwear and of course the much missed post office.

You must be mad... There is a Florists & a greengrocers on South road itself & there is a hardware shop at crook's (10 minute walk)

Wich shop is it you are trying to rent out anyway???

Cheap rents maybe, but when the council stick on the ridiculous rates charge any small business has to think long and hard. I rent a small unit for an internet business, well out of central sheffield, and the council charge me nearly £800 a year in rates which includes the small business discount!:confused: No wonder there are so many empty units and shops these days!

Cheap rents maybe, but when the council stick on the ridiculous rates charge any small business has to think long and hard. I rent a small unit for an internet business, well out of central sheffield, and the council charge me nearly £800 a year in rates which includes the small business discount!:confused: No wonder there are so many empty units and shops these days!

£800/year for business rates doesnt sound that expensive to me. I do think business rates should be drastically lowered though as there's not much incentive for people to have shops these days if they can sell online with much less overheads