Anybody Know The Book?

I read a book aproximatley yonks back in school and have no clue as to the title, I wonder if anyone can help.

The story was set after a nuclear war and centered around a young lass (American I think) who lived on the family farm all alone. The farm was in a velley which seemed to have its own weather system, so the radiation just passed straight over the top and allowed her to go on with her life in this oasis.

Everything changes when a bloke in a radiation suit turns up, who seems to be the only other person alive on the planet.

It's doing my napper in trying to remember it, I'm not even sure that I've recalled all the details correctly. Ring any bells?

is it peter and jane go to the market?

You can't see it but I am slowly and firmly applauding your singular wit.

Boom! Found it with a little google wizardry...

Z For Zachariah.

Nuclear war has devastated America, except for the valley where Ann Burden has been living alone for over a year - until Loomis, a scientist in a radiation-proof suit, arrives. She hopes they will be companions but his behaviour towards her becomes increasingly threatening as he attacks her and then cuts off her food supply and tries to bring her under his control. Although there may be no one else alive, Ann steals his suit and leaves the valley in search of humanity.

Z For Zachariah.

Nuclear war has devastated America, except for the valley where Ann Burden has been living alone for over a year - until Loomis, a scientist in a radiation-proof suit, arrives. She hopes they will be companions but his behaviour towards her becomes increasingly threatening as he attacks her and then cuts off her food supply and tries to bring her under his control. Although there may be no one else alive, Ann steals his suit and leaves the valley in search of humanity.

sounds good, if you like that i know you will like, The death of grass. its an oldish book but it will be up your street i reckon. enjoy

Z For Zachariah.

Fantastic book, I studied this book for English language gsce, bought it in a second hand shop a few months ago.

sounds good, if you like that i know you will like, The death of grass. its an oldish book but it will be up your street i reckon. enjoy

Just read the description, sounds pretty good, I'll add it to my cart... Gonna have to re-mortgage since I got this Kindle.

Sounds a geat book; another great apocalyptic classic I remember and only just tracked down again is 'The Purple Cloud' by M. Shiel, which believe it or not was writtten around 1900! It features a purple cloud which engulfs the world and there are only two survivors, a man on a polar expedition and a woman he finds in a basememt in Istanbul...

I read 'Long Voyage Back' by Luke Rhinehart several years ago, and would heartily recommend it if you were looking for more books in this vein.

Those were the days 'Z for Zaceriah' on the school reading list, the BBC producing 'Threads' just for us, our living room door never hung properly after that, we had it hard back then... Was there a duck on the cover?