Never Live With Your Mother-In-Law

When I was first married in 1967 I was not ready to settle down looking back I made a lot of mistakes which I regret,I was self centered about going out for a drink with my mates as in my eyes I worked 6 days a week paid all my dues and I thought I was entitled to a couple of nights out!.At this time we lived on Snow Hill Row Broad St in a brand new apartment with the wifes mother,the location couldn,t be better for me as I could walk to the pubs in the town centre where my pals and I drank.All went well for a while until the mother-in-law poked her nose in telling me to stop going out,I told her to mind her own business and this started the wife and I falling out.At that time I had quite a nice selection of suits,shirts,ties,shoes ect.one night I was getting ready to go out,the wife was behind me nattering that I wasn,t going,I ignored her carying on dressing I put on my suit put my keys and wallet in the pocket of my trousers,they went straight down my leg to the floor,she had only cut the pockets out of my £100 suit.I went beserk I pushed past her out the door when I reached the street a small crowd of people were looking up the flats to see all my beautiful shirts and ties drifting down from our bedroom window.After I gathered them all up I went to the flat and told them I was off so I went back to my parents house who were not too chuffed to see me,it was about 3weeks before I calmed down and went back I vowed to get away from the old bat which we did a short time later a smart move Dont Live With In Laws it wont work!!:huh::roll::hihi:

Edited by old tup
spelling

Hi old tup,

I feel for you my mother in law came to live with us 6 years ago. It was the biggest mastake I have made in 60 years.

She is the most biggited, selfish, self oppionated and lazy old git.

Me and the wife moved to our dream house on the banks of the Moray Firth with no close neighbours, the it came to live with us.

Never ever have the Mother in Law live with you it will destroy yor marrage and life.

Been there, done that old tup I was 18 and hubby was 19 when we married. My mother-in- law was my best friend. It was OH's dad that I found it hard to live with, I was pregnant with my 3rd child when we managed to rent a 2 up 2 down from the University. That didn't stop OH going boozing all the time though. In later years on Sunday's if he didn't get home on time I would put his Sunday dinner on our front step for the first passing dog. :hihi:

Lived with mine for the 1st 6 months of coming back from South Africa till I found a house,couldn't fault my in laws,both were very nice people.

I lived with my inlaws after getting married up until emigrating. good people could not have been better. they were Harry & Ada Levick of Constable rd.

And to boot at least you know how your wife will turn out

And to boot at least you know how your wife will turn out

sorry to say she passed away in May 1992

I actually asked my Father-in-law if I could marry the wife. He then said ' Do you know where you are going to live' I said we had put a deposit on a new house. He then said 'Thank God for that, I thought you were going to try to live here. It's bad enough for me to live with her mother, you'd have no chance.'

I found him to be a great bloke and his wife was exactly as described. After six months I told her to keep her nose out of our affairs if she wanted to keep visiting us. She was however great with the three children. The wife sometimes behaves a bit like her, I then start calling her by her mother's name, she soon stops.

I had a fat and ugly interfering mother in-law and a father in-law that was under

the thumb, gone now for good ?? so much breathing space

My mother in law parked her broomstick in such awkward places.Fell over it many a time.

sorry to say she passed away in May 1992

ouch and ouch again

I loved my mother in law very much she was a lovely little lady she sadly past away a few years ago, she treat me better than my own mother did.