Sheffield a joke to Scotland yard

er do you remember the last conference we held here?? ended up costing us not making any money

I remember the threat of riots and mass violence by the public costing us an awful lot of money. I don't remember the actual conference costing so much as a penny.

Oh DO stop crying.

What the heck are you talking about? In what way am I crying? I'm simply suggesting to people who don't like it here to depart, preferably quickly so we don't have to listen to their whinging. The short, sharp words I'd like to use are not suitable for this forum. I'm not a Sheffielder so I have no reason to defend the place but I know how good it is here, despite its faults.

Edited by irenewilde

What the heck are you talking about? In what way am I crying? I'm simply suggesting to people who don't like it here to depart, preferably quickly so we don't have to listen to their whinging. The short, sharp words I'd like to use are not suitable for this forum. I'm not a Sheffielder so I have no reason to defend the place but I know how good it is here, despite its faults.

Definitely tears.

I'm with you Irene :)

Well their boss was Sheffield born and bred

Commisioner Bernard Hogan-howe

Well you are Betty*BOOHOO* ;)

I'll have you know, Irene is a fine woman, there'll be nothing said against her on my watch :nono:

I'll have you know, Irene is a fine woman, there'll be nothing said against her on my watch :nono:

How is the duck these days ;-)?

How is the duck these days ;-)?

The duck's good thank you! At the moment, little chick is fast asleep with Sam (in its own little blue velvet sleeping bag!) whilst I take this quiet, opportune moment to try and reason with the feminists over the Top Totty beer!!!! :)

I agree with Scotland yard, it's a total dump here

It's a free country you don't have to stay

For all the rock-hard Northerner image that we like to aim for, we are a bloody thin skinned bunch at times, if people are looking to take offence at a throwaway comment like this...

...can't say I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight over this comment, who cares?

Agreed. I really couldn't care what anyone else thinks of Sheffield. It's my home and I love it. If this Met bloke wants to cross us off his places to visit I won't be losing any sleep over it.

I would just point out though that for such a khazi, we seem to have a surprisingly low level of crime for a large urban area (below the national average on many indicators), especially compared to the areas the Met is responsible for, which seem to have the highest crime rates for everything.

Policemen in glass houses... ;)

For all the rock-hard Northerner image that we like to aim for, we are a bloody thin skinned bunch at times, if people are looking to take offence at a throwaway comment like this...

...can't say I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight over this comment, who cares?

People in Sheffield are suckers for good wind-up merchants.