Works on Woodseats Road railway bridge MEGATHREAD

From 3rd January, a free bus service is to be provided between Woodseats and Abbeydale Tesco.

This will serve Woodseats Road and provide an alternative for many of the people inconvenienced by the 75/76 not operating via Woodseats (these buses are diverted via Abbey Lane).

It will use the triangle of Scarsdale Road/Chesterfield Road/Woodseats Road as a terminus at Woodseats, run down Woodseats Road then go via Athol Road, Little London Road and Broadfield Road to reach Abbeydale Road and run along Abbeydale Road and terminate at the Park & Ride stop in the Tesco store.

Connections available on Abbeydale Road with routes 75, 76, 87, 97, 98 and 218 for those wanting to travel further along Abbeydale Road towards town.

The bus will run daily except Sunday between 7am and 6:45pm every 15 minutes, operated by Sheffield Community Transport.

More information http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=3293

Woodseats road is closed and will remain so until fruther notice .

The work can not be completed until such time that the

a/. The contractors are given a time (24 hours ) that no trains are running

b/. The contractor can arrange for the site to be staffed

c/. The contractor can arrange for all equipment to be back on site

d/. The Weather is ok

e/. Train Operators can arrange suitble arrangements for its services

I would imagine that network rail would start to get charged increasing levels of penalties for each week, by sheffield council, that the road was not put back. After a while it would be uneconomical to keep the contractors away. And far cheaper to surrender the train route for 24 hours.

As Wallbuilder has indicated, I fully expect this to get back underway very quickly, probably they will make special dispensation to get all the paperwork for permisson for access to the track within days.

From 3rd January, a free bus service is to be provided between Woodseats and Abbeydale Tesco.

This will serve Woodseats Road and provide an alternative for many of the people inconvenienced by the 75/76 not operating via Woodseats (these buses are diverted via Abbey Lane).

It will use the triangle of Scarsdale Road/Chesterfield Road/Woodseats Road as a terminus at Woodseats, run down Woodseats Road then go via Athol Road, Little London Road and Broadfield Road to reach Abbeydale Road and run along Abbeydale Road and terminate at the Park & Ride stop in the Tesco store.

Connections available on Abbeydale Road with routes 75, 76, 87, 97, 98 and 218 for those wanting to travel further along Abbeydale Road towards town.

The bus will run daily except Sunday between 7am and 6:45pm every 15 minutes, operated by Sheffield Community Transport.

More information http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=3293

Will it drop people off a bus stops along the way to Tesco or not?

I suspect it will it may be a drop off on way to tesco only and pick up from tesco only so as to stop abuse , i dont know iam just thinking

I presume it will be a sct mini bus as it will have to be a low bus to get through the bridge at athol road

By the looks of it, it will observe bus stops on Woodseats Road and Abbeydale Road, the bus is intended for people to make connections into other buses, primarily aimed at those who normally get on or off the 75/76 on Woodseats Road.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/travel_news/service_updates/?item=16661&conf=1

SHEFFIELD Woodseats Road closure, services 75/76/701 *revised diversion routes*

Due to ongoing work to replace Woodseats Road Bridge, services are diverted as follows:

Service 75: Operates as normal from Batemoor to Woodseats then via Chesterfield Road, London Road and as normal. Return by reverse of this route.

Service 76: Operates as normal from Low Edges to Bocking Lane then via Hutcliffe Wood Road, Archer Road, Abbeydale Road and as normal. Return by reverse of this route.

Service 701: As normal to Meadowhead then via Abbey lane, Hutcliffe Wood Road, Archer Road, Abbeydale Road and as normal. Return by reverse of this route.

Woodseats shopping area and Chesterfield Road are not currently being served.

There is now a shuttle bus running up woodseats road and down to tesco abbeydale road this bus will run while the bridge is closed

I would imagine that network rail would start to get charged increasing levels of penalties for each week, by sheffield council, that the road was not put back. After a while it would be uneconomical to keep the contractors away. And far cheaper to surrender the train route for 24 hours.

As Wallbuilder has indicated, I fully expect this to get back underway very quickly, probably they will make special dispensation to get all the paperwork for permisson for access to the track within days.

Is it Network Rail that are paying for the bridge? I understood that the reason it took so long to fix in the first place was due to who was going to pay for it.

Also, can SCC charge?

Also, it's not as simple as Network Rail just saying they are going to close the track. TOC's and FOC's pay for using the railway network. Maybe you can bus passengers , but freight isn't so easy.

Is it Network Rail that are paying for the bridge? I understood that the reason it took so long to fix in the first place was due to who was going to pay for it.

Also, can SCC charge?

Also, it's not as simple as Network Rail just saying they are going to close the track. TOC's and FOC's pay for using the railway network. Maybe you can bus passengers , but freight isn't so easy.

The press reports say that sheffield cc is paying for the work

There is now a shuttle bus in use from scarsdale road to tesco abbeydale road via wooseats road etc

Sheffield Community Tranpsport 11, YJ 05 JXN ( Mi Ameigo) is seen at Scarsdale Road terminus operating the Woodseats Road Bridge Shuttle due to bridge works overrunning . I understand this service requires one bus.

The service runs to Tesco Abeydale Road via woodseats road , Athol Road Broadfield Road , Abbeydale Road

DSCN1039401212.jpg

The diversion for first buses is now :

75 as per 25a to meadowhead

76 as per stagecoach 87 to bocking lane

full details from travel south yorkshrie website

Radio sheffield are not carrying this information as they dont have the time to do so.