Works on Woodseats Road railway bridge MEGATHREAD

Mmmm bit confused , woodseats road is shut today and till 9am tomroow was expecting the bridge work to be done but they appear to be doing utility works at the bottom and the barriers etc are still there and there is no one working on the bridge its self

Just looked on council website todays closeure isnt mentioned however it states that the road will be resurfaced on the weekend of the 24th - YIPPPEEE

Edited by bus man

Have noticed over the last few weeks they seem to have been completing the south side of the bridge and the kerb and pavement. There were large holes that were filled in the adjoining subsoil. They then moved the temporary barriers over so they could work on the north side of the bridge.

Presumably this will take longer as the cables and pipes are over this side.

Yep, I went over it when it opened at just after 3am. Finally no more traffic lights

Yep, I went over it when it opened at just after 3am. Finally no more traffic lights
There are two new looking lights on the Post Office side but none on the Abbeydale Road side, aren't they going to take them down?

Several threads on this long-running saga (still running!) have been merged here.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

There are two new looking lights on the Post Office side but none on the Abbeydale Road side, aren't they going to take them down?

I think they are still there because there was a patch of tarmac that was not finished last night. I suppose that this is so cyclists and motorcyclists can see that there is a big step in the road surface. The rest is a smooth as glass.

I know there have been threads on S.F re this subject but can anyone please let me know if that awful galvanised steel monstrosity is the finished product or a temporary arrangement until a magnificent piece of contemporary architectural civil engineering is finally erected.

I agree , I thought they were going to paint it, but so far they haven't. There was a picture of how it was going to look. I am sure the picture showed a green bridge.

They are probably waiting for a dry spell to paint it. Might be waiting a long time then!

Paint adheres to galvanized steel better if it's allowed to weather for a few months first.