Bird of prey ? (or not)

i know its a bit out of Sheffield but today i was cycling through the Wentworth estate, near Barnsley and i saw a huge bird of prey.

now i am no expert but it had a wing span of at least four foot and when it landed briefly in the branches of a big tree, it looked like a eagle.

it cant have been can it?

Could have been a buzzard.

had a quick google search on images and the bird i saw was much bigger than that

it did look a lot like that, but i cant see it was one..

Golden Eagle

Be amazing if it was a Golden eagle, I would love to see one in the wild, your so lucky :)

Haven't there been sporadic reports of "large-eagles-that-shouldn't-be-there" in/around Rotherham lately? (Wentworth is only a stone's throw away, closer to R'ham than Barnsley)

'Was a thread and/or media report (Star?) the other day about a R'ham couple out on a walk, whose small dog was repeatedly attacked/harried by a very large bird of prey, and they had a hard time fighting the bird of prey off the dog?

Edited by L00b

it did look a lot like that, but i cant see it was one..

Golden Eagle

So you saw a golden eagle in the wild whilst cycling in Wentworth. Did you call at the George and Dragon and Rockingham for lunch maybe on this trip?:suspect:

had a quick google search on images and the bird i saw was much bigger than that

Good stuff. Check out kite, if bigger check out eagle owl, there are some knocking about, mostly N. Yorks from continent, they sometimes take lambs.