Cheap Love - Value Valentine's Cards

Already a thread here.......http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=932515

Oooops I think someone got there before me!......I didn't see anything like it in the suggestions when I wrote it? Can a mod merge or move or delete it or something please?

Valentines day used to be for someone to send an anonymous card to someone that they wanted to get to know better....it used to be WILL you be my Valentine and signed Guess who. xxx.

When you are IN a relationship, every day should be Valentines day without having to send a card and an expensive bouquet on the 14th Feb. A bunch of flowers ANY day will do for me.

The card costs abit more than I was expecting to spend.

Wacccaday ... we're wide awake!

The card costs abit more than I was expecting to spend.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: A true blooded fella! (isn't it?) :hihi:

Actually, I think I'd rather take the flak of not sending one at all rather than the 7p Asda one. I'd get far less earache!...Wouldn't I?.....GULP!....Wouldn't I?

Valentines day used to be for someone to send an anonymous card to someone that they wanted to get to know better....it used to be WILL you be my Valentine and signed Guess who. xxx.

When you are IN a relationship, every day should be Valentines day without having to send a card and an expensive bouquet on the 14th Feb. A bunch of flowers ANY day will do for me.

I always thought the anonomous ones were a bit creepy and a bit odd. If the point was to get to know someone, and it's signed 'guess who'...How would they know who sent it? :huh:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: A true blooded fella! (isn't it?) :hihi:

With a second class stamp the cost goes upto 43p - that's nearly ten bob for a bloomin' card!

I reckon that there is a bit of shrewd marketing going on here. Nobody would seriously buy anyone else a 7p Valentines card. Their price however and the fact that everyone knows the price leaves them open to mischievous uses. Boy buys girl a cheap card and gets reaction, then comes out with real one. People sending them to others who they do not like as an insult. Also Asda have got an awful lot of publicity out of this for free.

Shrewd marketing indeed.

With a second class stamp the cost goes upto 43p - that's nearly ten bob for a bloomin' card!

Yes but only one shilling and (nearly) sixpence for the card, and you could use some shoe-leather and deliver it yourself? :hihi::hihi:

I reckon that there is a bit of shrewd marketing going on here. Nobody would seriously buy anyone else a 7p Valentines card. Their price however and the fact that everyone knows the price leaves them open to mischievous uses. Boy buys girl a cheap card and gets reaction, then comes out with real one. People sending them to others who they do not like as an insult. Also Asda have got an awful lot of publicity out of this for free.

Shrewd marketing indeed.

Hahaha..there goes a cynic if ever I heard one, but you're probably spot on in reality! :hihi: