Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

What's needed is for people who are anti-feminist to just come right out and say it rather than attempt to argue that feminists have brought this on themselves.

Like I said, it makes no difference what the issue is. You can guarantee that in any argument where feminism gets mentioned, people will call feminists unattractive and insane. At best.

Quite. I have been called a manhater, a lezzer (used as an insult as I find nothing remotely insulting about being a lesbian but that was not the intent), fat, hairy, ugly, jealous, harridan, neurotic, extreme, loony, sexually repressed . . . the list is endless. Thankfully our forebears were prepared to fight and die for our cause from which we are reaping the rewards. A lot of women seem to conveniently forget this. We still have a long way to go though.

It's laughable and just makes me dig my heels in even further.

The bar should be closed. They're supposed to be working, not boozing.

If they want to drink, they can go out and support one of the local hostelries after work. - Perhaps they could find a pub which serves 'Old Leg Humper' or 'Panty Peeler'

But they wouldn't be allowed to smoke in one of those.:hihi:

Luckily for you lot I'm at work and can't get involved in a lengthy debate...Hopefully someone will pick the baton up..Night...
lightweight!! :hihi:

This poll discriminates against transsexuals and cats.

What woman? We don't even know if it was a woman who complained? Could equally have been a man, they're not all entranced by 'cartoons' of bikini clad blondes ...

Quote: "The shadow equalities minister, Kate Green, was left "disturbed" after seeing the 4% ale's advertising in a popular Westminster watering hole and demanded bar staff remove it from sale."

She was disturbed??? Really??? What a drama queen. She wants to get herself off to Ethiopia or Bangladesh to see children starving to death, that's disturbing, not a bloody beer.

Quote: "The shadow equalities minister,
She is the shadow equalities minister, after all. :)

Talking about drama queens, why are you getting so worked up about it? Calm dear, it's only a beer. I'm sure if you want to quaff a glass on Top Totty, you'll still be able to. She's not demanded they stop brewing it.

What a stupid mare.

She should have been laughed out of the room for making such a fuss.

Take her down an average town centre on a friday or saturday night and see how she reacts to the drunken gals with all their bits hanging out.

Why did the bar buckle to her demands anyway? Someone really has no backbone.

'stupid mare' Is this really acceptable language for a family forum, ECCOnoob? tut tut

She is the shadow equalities minister, after all. :)

Talking about drama queens, why are you getting so worked up about it? Calm dear, it's only a beer. I'm sure if you want to quaff a glass on Top Totty, you'll still be able to. She's not demanded they stop brewing it.

I'm calm as a cucumber. Just trying to put a bit of perspective on what is, and what is not disturbing! These women and their dramatic comments do the rest of us no favours.

Sorry did mare become foul language?

Last time I looked it was a female horse :confused:

I'm calm as a cucumber. Just trying to put a bit of perspective on what is, and what is not disturbing! These women and their dramatic comments do the rest of us no favours.

Au contraire, I think that it is the women who denigrate other women for trying to make the world a better place for us all (that is women) who do 'us' no favours.

Au contraire, I think that it is the women who denigrate other women for trying to make the world a better place for us all (that is women) who do 'us' no favours.

I'd 'denigrate' man, woman or beast if they came out with such rubbish as a beer being disturbing. She's not special.

Not sure how she's making the world a better place by stirring up a storm in a tea cup about a beer???