South Yorkshire - Investment

So we launched our first site One Year ago now and it cost us £500 to start, plus a start up grant from UK Steel Enterprise for £500 which helped with initial running costs.

It's our birthday in a week and in this year we have launched 3 more sites into local towns with the money we have earnt this year.

In our first month in these new towns we have record visitors, record takings and record subscribers (like expected). Now we have a real chance to make some decent money after a year of laying the foundations and lots of hard work. This is even with me reading that 800 daily deals sites went under last month/year (cant remember which) - We seem to have a formula that works!

I really want to grow what we have done as we have spent VERY LITTLE on marketing, if any this year (Less than £900 and £500 of that was wasted on a magazine advert before we launched due to delays). With growth we need investment.

Can anyone recommend any companies, organisations, individuals or suchlike in South Yorkshire that can either Invest or point us in the right direction?

I am aware of YABA etc.... but was maybe after something slightly different.

What a great post! Congratulations!:clap:

I think, if you search through this section, questions have been asked about Business Angels before, and there were quite a few websites/ recommendations etc.

Good Luck :)

Yeah. I've watched you grow. You just need to be a bit more careful with the companies you use (as a few of the cleaning companies have been less than reliable), but, on the whole, great news and it's good to see some companies doing well!

Yeah. I've watched you grow. You just need to be a bit more careful with the companies you use (as a few of the cleaning companies have been less than reliable), but, on the whole, great news and it's good to see some companies doing well!

Thanks Karis, I agree with you on that. We want a new website building where we can get feedback from customers. In all honesty, we havent had much bad feedback, but when we do its from the same companies.

We feed this back to them every time!

Well, I look forward to your discounts every day, and have used you quite a few times, so I can only hope you go from strength to strength.

Well, I look forward to your discounts every day, and have used you quite a few times, so I can only hope you go from strength to strength.

Hopefully Sir

Any Discounts on a decent gym in Sheffield?

have you anything for Parkwood karting coming up? It's my 30th birthday next week so was going to check with other discount deal websites...

Any Discounts on a decent gym in Sheffield?

Not yet David, but I can try and get one :) Generally they just do stuff like £10 for 10 days membership.

They don't generally like doing longer term, but I can ask!

have you anything for Parkwood karting coming up? It's my 30th birthday next week so was going to check with other discount deal websites...

Hiya, we may be getting sign off on Go Karting, but not at Parkwood. Hoping to hear something this week!

If you are as successful as you appear, have you thought about going back to UK Steel Enterprise Ltd? It is always looking for good companies to invest in and if you have a track record there it should make it easier. I would also suspect it would like to help you with some free PR if helped set you on the road to successful growth. ;-)