Chesterfield canal this weekend ..

Saturday anyone?

think it's going to be iced over again mate !!

im off fishing next wednesday or thursday as i have gt the week off work, weather permitting am going on a stillwater but if the frosts and snow comes down this weeknd as forecasted might have to look for a river!! maybe rother or might go a bit further and go on trent!!

im off fishing next wednesday or thursday as i have gt the week off work, weather permitting am going on a stillwater but if the frosts and snow comes down this weeknd as forecasted might have to look for a river!! maybe rother or might go a bit further and go on trent!!

try the don round hillsbourgh loads of greyling and trout

:(Im itching to get back on the bank but its looking like a no go again :(

:(Im itching to get back on the bank but its looking like a no go again :(

Give cartehall a call they usually put the aerators on and keep it ice free.

Call Jeremy before you go up as i think it will be iced up mate.

Just called him and there are 4-5 pegs free of ice on top pond rest is covered.

Edited by Help_needed

First time I've had a look at this site, brought back some very happy memories of a kid fishing at Shireoakes in the late 40's /early 50's. Sunday mornings catch the train at Darnall to Shireoakes or even Worksop. Any roach or perch greater than 6 inches was quite a fish. Now in Australia currently experiencing a really cold period for this time of year, maximum forecast for tomorrow is 24 centigrade. Fishing here is O,K., but most fisherman laugh at me for fishing for carp, which must be the most hated fish in the world. You wouldn't want to eat it so why catch them, well that's the Aussie theory. I fish the River Murray about 30 miles from Adelaide every Wednesday and usually land on average 40 fish ranging up to 14 pounds, unfortunately the law states all carp must be killed, so into the nearest bin they go. Last Wednesday I broke my record for the swim, called it a day when I got to 70. I fish the same spot every week, I've killed hundreds of fish but the river is still full of them. All introduced fish must be killed, this includes perch(known as Redfin here) and also tench. Nothing is ever said about trout or salmon, strange that. Tight lines to you all.

Don't you just hate that, people rubbing it in. Ha Ha Ha Ha.