Ofsted inspection at Tapton

That is going to whoosh right over a few heads.

Quality post though:D

It went right over my head Sibon, thanks for pointing out to us the linguistic quality of the children we have in our primary system:)

To be fair, I tidy up a bit when I'm expecting visitors.

It would be lovely if they were perfect all the time, but Tapton is a pretty good school you know.

I agree its not that bad at all - I am on my fourth child going through there ; it just makes me irritated that some tricks are used when public money is being paid out but as you say we all want to look / be at our best (and to be the best of my knowledge no child has actually been encouraged to stay away ..............even the ones I wish were!).

Its easy for the schools to prepare when the inspectors arrive.

At a Primary School (I won't name) but my 5 year old nephew told me that the staff were putting up various health and safety posters to comply with the inspection, his 4 year old friend made a comment that many of the teachers did come to class far smarter than normal and that his work was being marked in accordance with the standards laid down by the national curriculum.

The 4 year old also commented that he felt the use of supply staff was perhaps a breach of the standards that were set down by national guidelines, which were part of the overall package of measures introduced by New Labour, many of which the conservatives are also adhereing to.

All the 4 and 5 year olds feel that the teachers are raising the standards simply to pass the inspection, and that standards will slip after the inspectors have left.

I hope that the concerns raised by the 4 and 5 year old pupils are taken seriously

Did you really hold a conversation like that with a 4 and 5 year old?

The mind boggles :confused::confused:

sorry, but that's an amusing typo :D

"As the mother of the head of Tapton's geography department, I feel I should express my disappointment..."

Sorry, that should have read 'parent OR member of staff'

Inspections should be spontaneous. How can they check anything if they are planned?

Sorry, that should have read 'parent OR member of staff'

I am sure we all knew that BluDragonfly......in the scheme of life what does the odd f substituted for an m really matter?

Its easy for the schools to prepare when the inspectors arrive.

At a Primary School (I won't name) but my 5 year old nephew told me that the staff were putting up various health and safety posters to comply with the inspection, his 4 year old friend made a comment that many of the teachers did come to class far smarter than normal and that his work was being marked in accordance with the standards laid down by the national curriculum.

The 4 year old also commented that he felt the use of supply staff was perhaps a breach of the standards that were set down by national guidelines, which were part of the overall package of measures introduced by New Labour, many of which the conservatives are also adhereing to.

All the 4 and 5 year olds feel that the teachers are raising the standards simply to pass the inspection, and that standards will slip after the inspectors have left.

I hope that the concerns raised by the 4 and 5 year old pupils are taken seriously

5 year old: 'Uncle, today at school the staff were putting up various Health & Safety posters to comply with the inspection'. 4 year old: 'Uncle,today at school my work was marked in accordance with the standards laid down by the National Curriculum'. YEAH RIGHT!

Did I just fall for it? Hope so.

I'd suggest that the OFSTED inspectors spend some time around Crosspool shops every morning, lunchtime and chucking-out time to get a real picture of Tapton kids...

Ofsted are not required to report on how the kids behave outside school where the school has no culpability.I really think you are confused.

No, they have access to results but not linked to individual teachers. They look at whole school results and then observe individual lessons

The teaching profession is notorious for it being almost impossible to get fired through incompetence.

Do you mean this?

It is hard to dismiss poor teachers.

Inspections should be spontaneous. How can they check anything if they are planned?

If they were spontaneous the inspectors wold uncover so many problems thye would be snowed under-the whole thing is a charade designed to perpetuate the bureaucracy.

Did I just fall for it? Hope so.

Hook, line and sinker I reckon :hihi:, if not then the poster must think were all crackers.:suspect: