Ofsted inspection at Tapton

Any other parents spot the clues that Tapton was about to be inspected:

- the clamp down on uniform

- the mysterious appearance of new instruction posters around school and

- the teachers who have prefernce for jeans beign suited and booted.

And now that the inspectors have arrived :

- the possible influx of supply teachers while others are "rested".

Edited by pottedplant
added word possible ..........

presuming you are a parent of member of staff you will be able to give your feedback to Ofsted by the survey you will be given

presuming you are a parent of member of staff you will be able to give your feedback to Ofsted by the survey you will be given

A parent - not had anything (off now to inspect schoolbags.....)

the survey should have been sent home with students today or yesterday so hopefully you have one. You can also phone the school and say you want to speak to an inspector

Neither child has a questionnaire (but one has been with a different tutor today........ ). I will try and let Ofsted know my views by other means.

Any other parents spot the clues that Tapton was about to be inspected:

- the clamp down on uniform

- the mysterious appearance of new instruction posters around school and

- the teachers who have prefernce for jeans beign suited and booted.

And now that the inspectors have arrived :

(the one that really really irriates me)

- the influx of supply teachers while others are "rested".

I would have thought that as a member of staff you would have eliminated the silly spelling errors.I suppose many caretakers may find it hard to spell in the correct manner.I bet the head has identified you already.:hihi:

I would have thought that as a member of staff you would have eliminated the silly spelling errors.I suppose many caretakers may find it hard to spell in the correct manner.I bet the head has identified you already.:hihi:

I did wonder how a parent knew that staff had been 'rested' and that they weren't wearing jeans

Haha ......just spotted them myself now !

Was going to edit them but you have kindly repeated them so they will remain as public viewing for ever!

I did wonder how a parent knew that staff had been 'rested' and that they weren't wearing jeans

The amazed tone of my kids at dinner tonight when they said Mr xxxxx wasn't in jeans today and Miss yyyy has had her hair cut and Mrs zzz is (.........you get it).

Followed by "does every school make the poor teachers stay at home / go to a meeting when Ofsted are here" .........

I say which poor teachers - and they gave me a list.

(the one that really really irriates me)

- the influx of supply teachers while others are "rested".

Do you actually have any evidence of this other than your kids have said a teacher is off? I find it hard to believe that schools would actually do this.

If they do, they won't be able to pull similar stunts once the no-notice inspections start later this year.

Do you actually have any evidence of this other than your kids have said a teacher is off? I find it hard to believe that schools would actually do this.

If they do, they won't be able to pull similar stunts once the no-notice inspections start later this year.

Nope - none at all...........but I will ring school tomorrow to ask (not sure I will get an answer tho').

No notice inspections has to be the way forward.

(my initial post was a little tongue in cheek to be fair).

Edited by pottedplant

The amazed tone of my kids at dinner tonight when they said Mr xxxxx wasn't in jeans today and Miss yyyy has had her hair cut and Mrs zzz is (.........you get it).

Followed by "does every school make the poor teachers stay at home / go to a meeting when Ofsted are here" .........

I say which poor teachers - and they gave me a list.

I do find this conversation with your children very hard to believe.