Prisoners' Wives BBC -Filming in sheffield.

Franny's house Is across road from Whirlow green on Whirlowdale Road :)

I think the flat scenes are actually Broomhall. When she was waiting for her drugs she was on William St, also when looking at the scenes from this weeks episode the Sharrow tower (Boston St) flats are a fair distance away.

I wonder how the residents feel about their area being described as 'full of gangs and drugs' ?

No, the flats were definitely the Mount street/ Cliff Street side of the Lansdowne flats, with the Lansdowne high-rise at the bottom of the hill. It's the block my stepson lived on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesogt

I think the flat scenes are actually Broomhall. When she was waiting for her drugs she was on William St, also when looking at the scenes from this weeks episode the Sharrow tower (Boston St) flats are a fair distance away.

I wonder how the residents feel about their area being described as 'full of gangs and drugs' ?

Probably welcome of the trade :)

when the woman saw the vicar at the cash point i'm sure that was parson cross.

i think its good nice to see and to spot what areas of sheffield that are used

its been filmed in sheffield, its good been watchin it from start bout time we ad more things filmed in sheffield

when the woman saw the vicar at the cash point i'm sure that was parson cross.

I thought it was the shops at Longley, but couldn't be sure....

Last week when Frans work buddy was beaten up was filmed on Wolfe road, foxhill, outside the shops, How do I know? Cos I watched them film it last year.

The shot of the house was an ex council house on Hackenthorpe - now been bought by the tenant.

Apparently the BBC approached the owner, took photos of every room in the house and promised to put everything back to what it was.

The BBC filmed the council estate shots on Lansdowne, and went to great effort to make the place look like a dump! Not impressed.

Is Harriet's house in Netheredge somewhere?

I think the locations are spliced together sometimes thought, so you think a character is walking round the corner on screen, but actually they are going from one location to a completely different one 'on the ground'.

Thought this week's episode was brilliant. Is it the last of the series next week?

The BBC filmed the council estate shots on Lansdowne, and went to great effort to make the place look like a dump! Not impressed.

I don't think they went to great effort, rather they just rocked up and filmed "as is".