Prisoners' Wives BBC -Filming in sheffield.

they filmed at concord sports centre for outside shots of the prison, all the signs were changed outside to that of the prison

Concord sports centre for outside of prison shots, king Egbert school gym for inside prison shots, was reading on the BBC site that they used Castle Market for a chase scene and also chartered a Supertram for filming. Was slow at first but looks like it's going to be good. We watched them film at Concord as only live across road. When we saw the prison van parked behind the centre, I thought it was prisoners on a day out. Hahahahahaa. Took a trophy photo of my kids stood next to the made up sign anyway.

Then where was it supposed to be? I assumed it to be on the coast somewhere. I've never heard seagulls in Sheffield, have you?

When I was at junior school, as the weather got colder, seagulls would start to come and scrounge our crisps at playtime :)

It was shot last july and august. The primary school was shot at the old sharrow primary. The flats are lansdowne flats in sharrow. The prison i think was shot at king edwards school. My claim to fame is gemma sat at my work desk!

it was king ecgburts and hinde house school

Anybody watch "Prisoners Wives"last night what do you think?.Strangers to Sheffield must think its a dump full of criminals and losers which it isn,t,we have our share of course.Lets hope it lightens up a tad next episode,I know its only fiction but some of the scenes Washington Rd I think were depressing do you??:roll::confused:

Threads merged. Please post in existing threads rather than starting new ones on the same topic. Thank you.

Threads merged. Please post in existing threads rather than starting new ones on the same topic. Thank you.

Very sorry not paying attention hanging my head in shame!!:huh::help:

I watched this last night. A lot of the shots were of Sheffield. Did anyone else notice this.

I watched the BBC programme about the riots-it had shots of Manchester but not Sheffield.

Then where was it supposed to be? I assumed it to be on the coast somewhere. I've never heard seagulls in Sheffield, have you?

Seagulls can always be seen round school area on Wood Lane when snow is on way & they have been round this week,:(

No, the last prison drama i watched gave me nightmares for years.

Mind you, thats Bea Smiths hairs was really really ginger:(

Haha i loved old Bea Smith, i do miss all the old girls!! :hihi: