Man on 52 bus threatened to knock me out in front of my toddler

One of the funniest and best things I've ever seen was an old woman in her 80's wallop a chav with her handbag when he told her to 'shift'. Whole bus was in hysterics! Go old lady! :D :D :D

ROFL wish i had seen that! :)

ROFL wish i had seen that! :)

Could have made £250 on 'You've been framed!' out of that! ;):D

Did you actually laugh out loud?? :)

Did you actually laugh out loud?? :)

Oh yes, as well as 30-odd other people! She didn't take offence before anyone says anything......

I'm really lolling at your other response to another post

Haaaaaa you've got me in stitches and I really shouldnt as its quite rude of you but lol I must I just didn't expect it!! :)

I'm really lolling at your other response to another post

Haaaaaa you've got me in stitches and I really shouldnt as its quite rude of you but lol I must I just didn't expect it!! :)

Hahahaha, I think the UK is missing a German born, Dutch (if that's the right word) raised (with a strange Northern/Yorkshire/Dutch/German accent) comedian if I'm being honest....which, being German, I am! ;):D

Asking bus man if he is a bus driver is like asking Postman Pat if he is a welder

funny part is busman isnt a bus driver at all......

I do understand to a point why in this type of situation, some people won't get involved however it makes my blood boil that people can be so disrespectful and rude to others and thinks it ok........I'ts not thats why had i been on the bus i would of had a go back......

I'm a woman and would never turn my back on situations where someone is having a go, right or wrong i'm afraid to say i'd be having a right go back

I'm surprised the bus driver didnt diffuse the situation by stamping randomly on the brakes causing both of you to fall over.

hahaha!!!! I've just burst out laughing reading this!!!

Yes,he should park up and contact the police. Your scenarios of what *might* happen to the other passengers are fine, but what are we to do? The majority of us can't live our lives in fear of a few individuals. What's that quote -

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

That is exactly what is happening to British soceity. Apart from the bus driver doing nothing, what about the other passengers? If everyone had told this guy he was out of order he'd have had to shut up or get off. He couldn't bully an entire bus full of people.

That's fine if other passengers are prepared to stand up to people. If not, you just have one aggressive individual who can quite easily intimidate and subdue a bus load of people.

This isn't just pie in the sky. I've seen it happen. I've been the bus driver who's stopped and ordered said passenger off the bus. His reaction? A bunch of threats and expletives followed by punching my screen and kicking two shades out of the bus. Luckily, his aggression was vented towards me and the vehicle, but it could easily have been turned against the passengers, and if it had considering it took a good ten minutes for the Police to arrive, what would have happened then?

As for the other passengers, they just sat there and did nowt, apart from ask how long I thought we'd be before we started going again!

Most driver I know would love nothing better than being able to get out of their cab and *persuade* these 'orrible passengers to get off their bus, but we simply can't. We'd be subject to the companies disciplinary procedures as well as possible action form the Police.

As a nation, this is the kind of bs society we've created were miscreants and ne'er-do-wells can do what they do with impunity.

We have a strange thing going on in 2012.

In the brutal 1970s/1980s, there was competition, men got their frustrations out by taking part in physical sport, if there was a fight then 2 men sorted it out with fists (kicking the other bloke in the cobblers was a no no), and any fight was one man against another, not one man v another man + his 4 mates.

Men were far more respectful towards women, and any aggression or violence was viewed as shamefull.

Fast forward to 2012 in our liberal times. Sport is deemed too dangerous, there is no competition is schools, yet aggression towards weaker people (women) is not seem as a problem, and if 5 men beat up one lone man, then thats viewed as a win

Give me the brutal 1970s anyday

Who is sport too dangerous for? 5 a side fields are always busy, Judo was busy this week, the climbing wall (sport or activity?) was packed yesterday.

Who is that views violence towards women (or men) as acceptable and who thinks gang violence is a win.