Wheres the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield?

flaming dragon on centertainment all u can eat and its beautiful x

It is neither.

Hui Wei on West Street is absolutely lovely. Great food and a really pleasant atmosphere, far from the usual noisy and busy West Street feel. When I was last in, there was a live pianist too, but I don't know if they're there every night.

In my opinion they well deserved the Eat Sheffield award this year - it's certainly the best Chinese I've ever been to in Sheffield.

I thoroughly recommend it, especially to the person who thinks the buffet place at Centretainment is good food!

But if they actually like the place at centretaiment this is a wasted recommendation on them...akin to telling someone who likes KFC that Thyme Cafe is good.They just wont get it!

Candy Town on London Road and Wong Tang off the Moor are pretty damn perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Another vote for the Noodle Inn :clap: , great food , super service, fantastic value and the place of choice it seems when I've been in by the local Chinese community and visiting students . I note the votes for the Mandar Inn too so I'm going to give it a try

Had my third visit to the the Mandar Inn last night,once again really enjoyed it.It was very interesting to see the different food being served to the Chinese customers,eg whole lobsters,crabs and whole sea bass.I also managed to eat the full meal with chop sticks,except the soup.cant wait for the next visit.

Forgot to add that the Noodle Inn is owned by the same people who own the Mandar Inn.

Flaming Dragon!! no competition, its absolutely amazing and its all ya can eat to. located at centretainment, reasonable priced aswell. enjoy it is highly recommended!!

Wong Ting is a personal favourite of mine. And anyone I've ever introduced to that place. If only I got a referral fee :roll: I'd be a rich man!!

Hui Wei is also very good... a little more expensive than Wong Ting but excellent. I've heard good things about Zing Vaa too, but never tried it myself (probably due to it being just around the corner from Wong Ting)!

does jumbos count?

Flaming Dragon!! no competition, its absolutely amazing and its all ya can eat to. located at centretainment, reasonable priced aswell. enjoy it is highly recommended!!

The only thing we have in agreement is that it is all you can eat.

£12 after 5pm !! Reasonably priced?

I suppose it is if you just load yourself up with food and don't care about the quality.

Pho68 or Noodle Inn you can get a starter and main for £12. Easily enough for most people and be getting a good meal, not just a mountain of gloopy mess that's been stood out for a couple of hours.

I need salt and pepper squid now......

cosmos! they do everything and its not your typical buffet - its quality food with the chefs cooking it in front of you!

The last decent Chinese I had was at Hui Wei on Glossop Road/West St.

I prefer my food cooked to order so I don't do buffets. I'm not being precious, I've been to some in the past but the food was either passable at best or I've spent the evening speaking to Ralph.