Wheres the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield?

I didn't reckon much too 'Golden Taste' on London Rd.:gag:

Afternoon everybody,

It's been a while but I have a date on Saturday night and was hoping for some help. The man in question has told me he likes his Chinese food therefore I am doing my best to find a Chinese restaurant to cater to both of our needs.

I am willing to travel so no area of Sheffield is off limits, and I'd also consider Rotherham & Barnsley.

Obviously I'm hoping to "impress" to a certain extend so somewhere a little less "Job Lot" and more "Marks and Spencers" would be nice.

Thanks for your time.

"Wah Sing" - Myrtle Road (S2) used to be very good, though I haven't been in about 5 or 6 years (not lived close enough)

Also, China Delight on Meadowhead - are very nice, they are the ONLY place I can find in Sheffield that do "Kung-do Ribs" can't find anywhere else that does :D

I have recently enjoyed "Oisoi" in the center of town near the Cheese Grater building, and also Hui-Wei in Glossop Road, corner Victoria Street. OIsoi is more upmarket.

Oisoi has some great food. My wife isn't a tofu fan but loves their homemade tofu, silky as anything. It's a mixture of Asian cuisines. Their kimchee is very good. The black fungus and asparagus salad starter is crispy and delicious. Have a look at their website

http://oisoi.co.uk/

Dim Sum in London Road is quite old-fashioned but it's very authentic cantonese food. What my Cantonese ex-in-laws used to eat at home and I ate in HK. Ask if they have gai lan (Chinese Broccoli) on and have it with garlic. Often they have shellfish specials (scallops and razor clams) which are delicious.

China Red has very good and authentic Szechuan food. You have to like it hot though - it's not for the faint hearted who think cantonese dishes are representative of all Chinese food.

OiSoi in the Peace Gardens. Its a limited (pan-asian) menu and not cheapo but their Kung Pao chicken is the best I've tasted since a few years ago (before they changed chef/recipe) at Hue Wei- another favourite of mine.

Hope it sticks around as I heard Hue Wei was closing:huh:

Afternoon everybody,

It's been a while but I have a date on Saturday night and was hoping for some help. The man in question has told me he likes his Chinese food therefore I am doing my best to find a Chinese restaurant to cater to both of our needs.

I am willing to travel so no area of Sheffield is off limits, and I'd also consider Rotherham & Barnsley.

Obviously I'm hoping to "impress" to a certain extend so somewhere a little less "Job Lot" and more "Marks and Spencers" would be nice.

Thanks for your time.

Where did you take him? Did he like it? Has he phoned you up since for a date?

I wish I could have seen this earlier and been of some help. I'd have probably said CandyTown or China Red. But Sheffield isn't great for top end Chinese (or anything really).

Anyhow, I hope love blossomed over the prawn crackers and bang bang chicken.

OiSoi in the Peace Gardens. Its a limited (pan-asian) menu and not cheapo but their Kung Pao chicken is the best I've tasted since a few years ago (before they changed chef/recipe) at Hue Wei- another favourite of mine.

Hope it sticks around as I heard Hue Wei was closing:huh:

I'll second this, that Kung Pao chicken is excellent and its a nice place.

Always liked the Canton orchard, but not been for ages now. Heard a rumour it was shut down? Drive past every day and can't say I have noticed any lights on.