Brighton & Hove Bus Co - 'babe' Row !

Brighton and Hove Bus Company have warned their drivers they could get the sack for calling female passengers babe, love, darling etc after a woman complained after being called 'babe' saying it was 'demeaning'

Could this happen here ? I haven't been on a bus in ages but I bet most male drivers call women 'love' and I bet even women drivers have called people 'love' aswell.

I fear this is the latest nail in the coffin of tradition going back decades in favour of crazy mental stupid political correctness, IMO this country's going to the dogs :|

Babe, love, darling - what gives you the right to call someone darling?

A shop assistant called me a duck as she gave me my change, she said "there you go duck"

I'm not a flipping duck who the hell does that person think they are? and "there you go?" where do I go? when I asked "where should I go?" she was dumbfounded and puzzled.

"there you go duck?"

At what point did we start needing authorisation to be polite to people?

The only point at issue here is that different words qualify as polite terms of address, in different areas.

A shop assistant called me a duck as she gave me my change, she said "there you go duck"

I'm not a flipping duck who the hell does that person think they are? and "there you go?" where do I go? when I asked "where should I go?" she was dumbfounded and puzzled.

"there you go duck?"

You need to go and live somewhere else.You're going to be offended daily living round here.:hihi:

"there you go duck?"

Its better than calling you Shag or Serry :hihi::hihi:

"there you go duck?"

why did you not just say "quack you"

Its better than calling you Shag or Serry :hihi::hihi:

Why call me a duck then?

Are go going to start calling people badgers, octopus or even say something like "there you go penguin?"

Why call me a duck then?

Are go going to start calling people badgers, octopus or even say something like "there you go penguin?"

Don't be daft love.That'd be stupid!

Why call me a duck then?

I can't imagine why anyone would call you duck. If they should just stick to the facts and call people as they are then in future you should only be referred to as a miserable cow.:D

"there you go duck?"

now now calm down dear! have a chair sweet pea and take a chill pill:hihi::hihi:

I reckon that she is Quackers,

Oh come on ! someone had to post it :hihi::hihi: