1 a week challenge

Here we are (hopefully), comments (constructive) please as like many I want to improve.

Thanks & enjoy

wentworthbyfield.jpg

maddie.jpg

ironworks.jpg

elsecardam2.jpg

Edited by G-A-home

Wow ! 49 hits and no comments, either they are gobsmackingly brilliant and leave you all lost for words or they are so mediocre they are not worthy of comment, which is it ??

3rd one for me ,nice and sharp but would have liked another wider shot to see what it is ! And I like the angle of the last one.

Hi and well done for catching up!

I like some of the 1st one. I love the texture on the field and I love the tree, although I would have changed the viewpoint slightly, taking the tree to the left and had more of a panorama.

2nd one - works well - perhaps a bit of fiddling with the levels would give a little more definition to the white fur, but I like it.

3rd one - for me, there's too much going on. I like the component parts of the image, particularly the rusted metal, but would perhaps have focussed on one aspect.

4th one - same as for 3. Lots of good parts of the image, but maybe too much going on.

Keep em coming!

I pretty much agree with AlyJ on these.

1/ I like the bottom 1/3 of this shot. The colours, textures and patterns look good. Everything that is more distant seems to be a bit fuzzy though.

2/ Nice idea and you almost nailed it. The focus seems to be on the reflection. It would have been better on the cat's eye. The highlights are blown out as well, losing detail in the white fur.

3/ could probably be improved with a little more contrast.

4/ A little busy for my liking. Would probably be improved by changing the angle to avoid the 50/50 split between water and sky. Personally, I would like to see it from a lower angle with more water and less sky.

A good start though.

Thanks for the feedback, good comments and will try and take on board. Looking to post week 5 in the next few days, not sure what it will be yet though, waiting on the inspiration.

Out of those its no2, from my monitor i dont think you have over exposed the fur, however its very close and on an uncalibrated monitor could look very bright. Love the idea of the relection and i am assuming this was a grab shot in which case not a lot can be done about composition so i will give merit where merit is due. A good shot overall.