Drill repair needed

Can anyone recommend a place that repairs power tools? My husband has a very expensive core drill that needs fixing.

thanks

have you tried the place on stevenson road i think it,s called northern power tools or something like that

Have you though of doing it yourself? I recently bought an expensive Makita off ebay for £6 as it wasn't working, took me half an hr and £13 in spares and I now have a fully working SDS drill for a fraction of the price.

There are loads of guides online.

Yes, Northern Power Tools (in Attercliffe) did mine a few weeks ago.

Have you though of doing it yourself? I recently bought an expensive Makita off ebay for £6 as it wasn't working, took me half an hr and £13 in spares and I now have a fully working SDS drill for a fraction of the price.

There are loads of guides online.

Hi Bonjon. Can you tell me how the clutch works (what type is used etc) in a typical torque limiter in a typical battery hammer drill? I'm trying to understand how the hammer action goes through the clutch, if it actually does so. Maybe it doesn't have to? If not, then where is the clutch positioned in the power train from battery to chuck? The hammering is on the same shaft as the chuck, so where is the clutch in relation to them?

Hi Bonjon. Can you tell me how the clutch works (what type is used etc) in a typical torque limiter in a typical battery hammer drill? I'm trying to understand how the hammer action goes through the clutch, if it actually does so. Maybe it doesn't have to? If not, then where is the clutch positioned in the power train from battery to chuck? The hammering is on the same shaft as the chuck, so where is the clutch in relation to them?

The hammer action was a piston in this drill and the clutch/torque limiter was a a plate with teeth pushing onto another plate with teeth, with pressure applied by springs, from what I remember. The clutch only engaged when I was core drilling to stop the drill twisting my arm off.

hi bonjon. Can you tell me how the clutch works (what type is used etc) in a typical torque limiter in a typical battery hammer drill? I'm trying to understand how the hammer action goes through the clutch, if it actually does so. Maybe it doesn't have to? If not, then where is the clutch positioned in the power train from battery to chuck? The hammering is on the same shaft as the chuck, so where is the clutch in relation to them?

come on no nasty

Try Magna at Deepcar 2888494.

They mend all kinds of power tools, lawn mowers ect.

Edited by got2bepink
Mis

come on no nasty

????????????????? You what Mihal? What on earth do you mean?

Bonjon and got2bepink, thanks for the info. I still don't know the layout ref where is the clutch in the power train. Any more ideas? And if your drill had been fitted with the other type of hammering Bonjon, do you think that axial vibrations (hammering) would have been transmitted via the clutch? I can't see how but some battery hammer drills do have torque limiting plus this other kind of hammering (not via a piston). I'll try asking Magna. I don't suppose you know their e mail address?

Edited by woolyhead

sorry thought you was having a dig at bonjon for saying try to repair yourself ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 20:40 ----------

????????????????? You what Mihal? What on earth do you mean?

sorry thought you was having a dig at bonjon for saying try to repair yourself ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cromwell tools, and Alltools on Staniforth Rd both offer repair services. I've used both and can recommend them.