Wood burner servicing

Can anyone recommend a chimney sweep or local company that services wood / multi fuel stoves?

It doesn't appear to be getting enough air circulation from the chimney.

Thanks in advance.

try putting a smoke bomb up it first to see how it is drawing up

try putting a smoke bomb up it first to see how it is drawing up

there's a chimney sweep at wharncliffe side

Can anyone recommend a chimney sweep or local company that services wood / multi fuel stoves?

It doesn't appear to be getting enough air circulation from the chimney.

Thanks in advance.

chimneys/flues are for removing products of combustion not for circulating air to woodburners/and or gas apps - if your burners being starved of air the minimum you will need is purpose provided ventilation via an air vent ducted straight to outside, tho its possible there could be a blockage in the said chimney and or terminal

there's a chimney sweep at wharncliffe side

Thanks Nikki........ what's a smoke bomb?? There's already smoke coming out of the cast iron stove ( not a lot ) on attempting to start a fire it just fizzles out.

chimneys/flues are for removing products of combustion not for circulating air to woodburners/and or gas apps - if your burners being starved of air the minimum you will need is purpose provided ventilation via an air vent ducted straight to outside, tho its possible there could be a blockage in the said chimney and or terminal

Thanks Owl. I've had it two years with no problems then recently it's been intermittent on getting going. There may be a blockage I suppose.

I can sweep the chimney, smoke test and do a safety check of the appliance. please phone or pm me if you still need a sweep. Thanks Rob

We had ours fitted a couple of months ago, that guy that did it will also service it chimney sweep, I think he said the sweep would be about £35, Telephone Andy on 07788951733, nice bloke :)

I hope it isn't the problem described here

http://www.greenmanstoves.co.uk/tale.html

9000 chimney fires in the uk last year! This is probably going to continue to rise until we get up to scratch, and make it a legal requirement to have your chimney swept annually.

Edited by robthesweep
spelling

9000 chimney fires in the uk last year! This is probably going to continue to rise,,,,

Most definitely!

But due to folk trying to burn wet fresh cut logs as much as anything else!

A huge amount of work in future though for Chimney flue liner repairs Rob ;)

Compare it:

The cost and/or time of having seasoned logs against the likelihood of a chimney fire destroying your house, with invalid house insurance pending Hetas/SFA cert?